More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

Seems I have been prematurely smug about the supremacy of the Ramsey bin collections v the Douglas version

Long story short. Our usual  ( nay, always) bin collection in Ramsey is on a Thursday. Put bin out. Not collected. Phoned to ask commissioners why not. Told that it had been moved back to Wednesday this week ( therefore we had missed it  not putting our bins out 24 hours earlier than normal).Told this change in dates had been put on Facebook.
Facebook,  I tell you FFS when did you have to consult that to see if your regular collection day may possibly have changed.

• Like 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Seems I have been prematurely smug about the supremacy of the Ramsey bin collections v the Douglas version

Long story short. Our usual  ( nay, always) bin collection in Ramsey is on a Thursday. Put bin out. Not collected. Phoned to ask commissioners why not. Told that it had been moved back to Wednesday this week ( therefore we had missed it  not putting our bins out 24 hours earlier than normal).Told this change in dates had been put on Facebook.
Facebook,  I tell you FFS when did you have to consult that to see if your regular collection day may possibly have changed.

Looks like they are using the same communications strategic advisors as DBC. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Every LA dies by ignoring the “dog poo and bins” strategy. You can do almost everything else but never, ever, leave the dog poo in the street or not take away anyones bins in a timely manner. 

• Like 1

Just now, BriT said:

Every LA dies by ignoring the “dog poo and bins” strategy. You can do almost everything else but never, ever, leave the dog poo in the street or not take away anyones bins in a timely manner. 

Strange as it seems there was an age when dogs just shat in the street and people just walked round it. Honestly it happened. Tell that to the young people today and they just don’t believe you.

Come to think of it  it did sharpen the senses back then, eyesight and smell for example so maybe it wasn’t altogether so bad

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Strange as it seems there was an age when dogs just shat in the street and people just walked round it. Honestly it happened. Tell that to the young people today and they just don’t believe you.

Come to think of it  it did sharpen the senses back then, eyesight and smell for example so maybe it wasn’t altogether so bad

And white dog shit - when did that stop being a thing?

• Haha 2

Is this the right thread to talk about Douglas bins? I was happy, didn’t mind two weekly collections, had set two weekly reminders, one for recycling and one for t’other bins, life was great. But then “people are abusing the bin men” “people are putting domestic rubbish in litter bins, we’re taking the bins away” - hold on… you’re doing what? Taking the fucking bins away? Douglas council are off their heads. No one has abused the bin men, this is absolute garbage, who would do that? That’s like telling the milk man off because the price of milk has gone up, nooo clowncil, you’re liars and imbeciles. 

Self serving, self important, inflated ego and that woman… who even are you? Leader of the clowns - well done! Anyway, not to put too fine a point on it, I’m no longer happy and will support any protests Douglas residents wish to cause/make! 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Is this the right thread to talk about Douglas bins? I was happy, didn’t mind two weekly collections, had set two weekly reminders, one for recycling and one for t’other bins, life was great. But then “people are abusing the bin men” “people are putting domestic rubbish in litter bins, we’re taking the bins away” - hold on… you’re doing what? Taking the fucking bins away? Douglas council are off their heads. No one has abused the bin men, this is absolute garbage, who would do that? That’s like telling the milk man off because the price of milk has gone up, nooo clowncil, you’re liars and imbeciles. 

Self serving, self important, inflated ego and that woman… who even are you? Leader of the clowns - well done! Anyway, not to put too fine a point on it, I’m no longer happy and will support any protests Douglas residents wish to cause/make! 

You get the impression that most peoples beef isn’t really about the bins at all but the high handed and seemingly despotic approach being taken by DBC. I watched that video all the way through and to be honest even her facial expressions when questioned are so dismissive. It’s like ‘Do you know who I am’ and at one stage she even smirks like she finds the question simply beneath her to answer. I can see why some are calling for her to resign so she appears to have treated a lot of those people with pure contempt. But when they’re reduced to bin snatching to “enforce” behaviours you know they’ve totally lost it. They come across as jumped up nobodies who are simply power tripping 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/21/2022 at 10:38 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to their website:

We process the island’s domestic and commercial waste at the energy-from-waste facility that we designed, built, and operate, and generate 10% of the island’s electricity. The facility’s state-of-the-art technology and onsite laboratory ensure the highest environmental and operational standards are maintained.

You can see the electricity generation figures here and the emissions monitoring information here or download our latest annual report for an overview of the previous year at the facility.

So you can click on the links for the details.

So do you belive every web site you visit is telling the truth. 

Did you believe the government stance that they had done nothing wrong in the Ranson case.

The Nigerian prince will pay you that money back five fold.

Of course the figures are going to show its clean, they are clever enough not to show themselves in a bad light. Tho they have done a windscale/Sellafield move for some reason. Why are the government no longer testing air quality around Douglas, is it just cut backs or no paper trail/meta data to trip them up, looks like some lessons have been learned.