More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I'm referring to your belief around commercial terms.

I didn’t say anything about the commercial terms other than I believe the contract was signed in the last 18 months whereby Douglas agreed to supply weekly services to Santon and then withdrew weekly services to its own residents. 

They seems to be trying to save money in one area only to potentially squander it somewhere else - in the "Frequently Asked Questions List' paper which accompanies the DBC letter, they stipulate that the purpose of the Recycling scheme as being: "the intention is to reduce the amount of material with value going to the Energy from Waste plant (EFW) to be burnt".

Interestingly, in the same letter (and FAQ) they do not mention that the overall intention of their Recycling scheme has anything to do with conserving or protecting the environment. The intention to improve our ecosystem, which should have been at the heart of this programme, is completely missing as if this type of genuinely worthwhile objective wasn't a significant part of their thinking...

1 hour ago, Steady Eddie said:

I didn’t say anything about the commercial terms other than I believe the contract was signed in the last 18 months whereby Douglas agreed to supply weekly services to Santon and then withdrew weekly services to its own residents. 

Is there a cause and effect there?  They collect in Santon 1 morning a week.  

1 hour ago, Willy Brennan said:

That’s crazy. 

Looks a bit daft doesn’t it. I saw a Councillor disputed they were providing services to Santon earlier in this thread which surprised me as it’s literally on the Santon website that they do and that it’s weekly. Makes you wonder if they’ve reduced services in Douglas in part to free up labour and machinery so that they can fulfill the contract they have with Santon. I understand they only signed this contract in the last 18 months. No wonder they needed 4 new bin wagons to manage less Douglas collections. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Is there a cause and effect there?  They collect in Santon 1 morning a week.  

Exactly, collecting a small neighbouring area for a fee seems like a good use of resources.

Santon residents don't have to pay for all the Big City add ons remember so they have low rates.

I really struggle with this whole argument.

If you want low rates live out of town/ City and pay for commuting 

If you want everything near to you that you need live in a town/ City and save on the commute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Exactly, collecting a small neighbouring area for a fee seems like a good use of resources.

Santon residents don't have to pay for all the Big City add ons remember so they have low rates.

I really struggle with this whole argument.

If you want low rates live out of town/ City and pay for commuting 

If you want everything near to you that you need live in a town/ City and save on the commute.

The point being they are not making any money . I'd go as far as it costs us . Surely Douglas Corporation should concentrate on Douglas unless they are making money . Its fine we will see when the freedom of information comes back . But the councillors on here know exactly what they are making . 

Frank further down this thread mentions that costs and fees may actually even out , although I know this isn't true . So why when we get a reduced service do they then go and give Santon a weekly service who don't pay rates . 🤔 

So they remove public bins , make our service pathetic and fortnightly then give Santon a better service.  Absolutely mental people still think this is ok

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

How do you know, if you haven’t had your FOI back?

The best way to submit an FOI is to already know the answer you are looking for. Mostly those things are about getting the gov to admit something is true when their default is to ignore or lie about it. 

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The best way to submit an FOI is to already know the answer you are looking for. Mostly those things are about getting the gov to admit something is true when their default is to ignore or lie about it. 

Fair enough.

In that case, a better question would have been “where’s your evidence for that assertion?”

I assumed that the evidence would come from the FOI, but maybe the poster already has evidence to share.

2 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

Looks a bit daft doesn’t it. I saw a Councillor disputed they were providing services to Santon earlier in this thread which surprised me as it’s literally on the Santon website that they do and that it’s weekly. Makes you wonder if they’ve reduced services in Douglas in part to free up labour and machinery so that they can fulfill the contract they have with Santon. I understand they only signed this contract in the last 18 months. No wonder they needed 4 new bin wagons to manage less Douglas collections. 

They reduce rubbish collections in Douglas so they can serve Santon half a day a week? How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

How do you know, if you haven’t had your FOI back?

Because I have been given the information off someone in black and white . Unfortunately I need the FOI back because I don't want to have said person from their place of work in trouble . But Frank knows exactly what it is and they do not make money doing it , so they should spend that extra morning picking up some peoples bins who's always full and tidying up the streets of where us the rate payers come from . 

Seen the state of Douglas already today , tommorow its going to be a right mess . Anyway have  great Christmas,  and I look forward to the councillors showing proof they are making money for the service but I guarentee they wont be able to show it.  

Lots more interesting things happening at Douglas Council but we will save them for next year . Anyway I'm signing off for Christmas and keep a eye out for FOI because then you may see what lies they can hide behind .

Edited by Manxieover65