More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

19 minutes ago, quilp said:

Improvise. Cut a piece of visquene to oversize and use 2 bungy-straps, one at each end of the box. The hooks sit nicely in the lid-lip and keep everything in the box. The recycling lads put the plastic and straps in the box once they're emptied. The process takes less time than chasing after plastic bottles released by the wind (as @Happier diner) and keeps the shite in one place. Half a breeze-block ensures the boxes don't blow over. 

@Steady Eddie Those boxes aren't really fit for purpose, as @Gladys points out, the mesh and covers haven't lasted and DBC should remedy this. Show those complainants they're doing something at least. 

Top tip Quilp!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Improvise. Cut a piece of visquene to oversize and use 2 bungy-straps, one at each end of the box. The hooks sit nicely in the lid-lip and keep everything in the box. The recycling lads put the plastic and straps in the box once they're emptied. The process takes less time than chasing after plastic bottles released by the wind (as @Happier diner) and keeps the shite in one place. Half a breeze-block ensures the boxes don't blow over. 

@Steady Eddie Those boxes aren't really fit for purpose, as @Gladys points out, the mesh and covers haven't lasted and DBC should remedy this. Show those complainants they're doing something at least. 

You should patent it

Can you produce a Youtube video to explain. Frank @Amadeus will help you if you ask nicely

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

A couple of pictures to show how useless the recycling tubs are. Bloody litter all over the place. I picked up as much plastic as I could but most was going faster than i could run. BTW. The photos don't do it justice. Someone has gone to great effort here. Wasted effort.

Please give us a system that works

image.png.c76682de99c76c76930b7f25cf524a1e.png

image.png.39a069650525243128892712673b0081.png

The ones Braddan supply are 3 stacked boxes on wheels with top one for paper having a clip type lock to stop it flying open so nothing blows out if any box 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Probably sounds like a great idea until some kids put that half a brick you were holding your recycling down with through your car window or front door glass. 

Why would they need to do that when there will be plenty of other missiles lying around should they minded for a bit of vandalism?  

You arguments are like a 6 year coming up with 'but, but' as justifications for not doing something they have been asked to do. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Why would they need to do that when there will be plenty of other missiles lying around should they minded for a bit of vandalism?  

You arguments are like a 6 year coming up with 'but, but' as justifications for not doing something they have been asked to do. 

Let him be Gladys, he's on a roll... losing every argument he starts

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’m not that bothered about the bin issue to be fair but the longer this thread has gone on I’m more interested in the ways that it looks like they’re trying to suppress their own ratepayers and pummel them into submission. Also if politicians don’t like some of the comments or the personalization then to be fair they are not cut out to be politicians. I’d say more people now seem to be more bothered about the attitude and tactics used by certain councillors rather than the recycling. 

And to be fair it is rather funny that one Councillor in particular seems to think it’s fair game to publicly blast service issues about the airport all over Twitter as they’ve been inconvenienced fir 50 minutes, but also admits on here he contacted the newspapers to try to get negative comments under a newspaper story removed as he didn’t like them. That isn’t normal behavior to me. That’s pure manipulation of public messaging where me making negative posts about anyone else are fine, but negative posts connected to me and my mates are verboten. 

The unelected Corpy councillor seems to have no problem making videos belittling our island  but can’t take being belittled himself

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

The unelected Corpy councillor seems to have no problem making videos belittling our island  but can’t take being belittled himself

Nope...he's elected...cos no one could be bothered.

And all the people in that little part of the island only belittled themselves.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He is actually a great supporter of our little island, but sees the weaknesses. 

For such a great supporter of our island he doesn’t half seem to bomb social media with constant negativity about almost everything happening. Except when it comes to Douglas Council where he admits he contacted IOM Newspapers to try to get negative comments made by other people about the council he is on taken down.  

• Thanks 1