More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

11 hours ago, Wavey Davey said:

It isn’t really. I hope I don’t live on your street if you have such a cavalier attitude to having your gas boiler serviced. 

You can relax. I have an oil boiler.

I would be interested to know through, how many gas explosions would have been prevented by an annual service.

So all D.C. tenants are invited to attend a cost of living advice exhibition with various charities attending then because of questions posed by rate payers they are now included by direct invitation from the Mayor now everyone is welcome this is all according to Facebook.   What a sad performance……especially if you do not follow FB allow the first invitation has been mentioned on MR don’t think the other additional invites have.    Talk about organising the proverbial p..s up in a Brewery 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So all D.C. tenants are invited to attend a cost of living advice exhibition with various charities attending then because of questions posed by rate payers they are now included by direct invitation from the Mayor now everyone is welcome this is all according to Facebook.   What a sad performance……especially if you do not follow FB allow the first invitation has been mentioned on MR don’t think the other additional invites have.    Talk about organising the proverbial p..s up in a Brewery 🤣

I know criticising DBC is the favourite pastime of some people here but to knock the workshop that the housing team have put a lot of effort into putting on, and that has been extended to all Douglas residents by public demand, is surely a new low.

Anyway, it’s about to start. Plenty of great people there ready to help. 

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I know criticising DBC is the favourite pastime of some people here but to knock the workshop that the housing team have put a lot of effort into putting on, and that has been extended to all Douglas residents by public demand, is surely a new low.

Help how exactly?  What can they actually do for people?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I think @hissingsid's point was more that there hadn't been enough publicity for the event, rather than criticising it.  Not your personal fault as you've been promoting via the Facebook group, but the there's not much elsewhere.  Still hopefully it will be helpful to those that come and you will pick up the sort of unexpected issues that such events throw up.

I see that energy conservation at the Council means that the first piece of advice they will be giving is "Keep your coat on".

• Haha 1

What are they going to tell you that will save you cash, Don't turn the heating on wear a jumper. Gather together for mass cooking , share a bath of hot water. What a load of bollocks. The only thing that would help is, We are going to stop spaffing money on vanity projects and cutting your rent by 50%. Ain't going to happen

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:

the low bar was set by Corpy councillor wasting money, self promotion of themselves and raising rates on top of gas central heating installed in Corpy houses.  Big mistake!!

An event for the residents you make poorer is setting the bar as low as the Corpy councillor IQ. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No matter what we do, some of you will always be negative because it's DBC. Instead of helping to promote the event you keyboard warriors knock it from the sidelines, instead of checking it out yourself you complain about something that the housing team put a lot of effort into to help people. This constant negativity is tiresome and sad. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1