More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

None of the recycling bins collected take them, only creamery & not sure if a collection point at amenities centre 

Tesco have a recycling bin for them in their carpark and, I think, the Creamery will collect if you have milk delivered.  

11 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

They have some special coating on them that means they have to go through a separate process first (that only the creamery can do) to sanitize them so it costs to much to recycle them. Remember DBC are only pretending to recycle. They only accept the bare minimum of items that other recyclers accept because all they’re interested in doing is flogging it for cash to the highest bidder having collected it in the cheapest and easiest way possible. 

What do they not accept? 

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What do they not accept? 

The creamery milk cartons. You can only recycle thise at the Creamery or I think Tescos who them give them to recycle collect to take to the Creamery. There’s some weird enzyme or plastic coating which means that they can’t be sanitized for recycling with other types of carton. Mad as the creamery only changed its cartons about 18 months ago. 

They also don’t accept a lot of stuff most UK councils collect. They collect just about the bare minimum of what they can get away with and process cheaply. 

Edited by Steady Eddie

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

The creamery milk cartons. You can only recycle thise at the Creamery or I think Tescos who them give them to recycle collect to take to the Creamery. There’s some weird enzyme or plastic coating which means that they can’t be sanitized for recycling with other types of carton. Mad as the creamery only changed its cartons about 18 months ago. 

That is one item that no other local authority can accept for recycling anyway as only the Creamery can process them. What other items does DBC not accept for recycling that other authorities accept, thus keeping them to the bare minimum? 

Just now, Gladys said:

That is one item that no other local authority can accept for recycling anyway as only the Creamery can process them. What other items does DBC not accept for recycling that other authorities accept, thus keeping them to the bare minimum? 

You only have to look at what DBC list they collect and what Recycle collect list they can take. They will take a wider range of plastics and other item than DBC. It’s bargain basement recycling with a small r.

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

You only have to look at what DBC list they collect and what Recycle collect list they can take. They will take a wider range of plastics and other item than DBC. It’s bargain basement recycling with a small r.

Recycle Collect take (for a fee) exactly the same stuff DBC collects. 

6 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

No they take a wider range of plastics and other items that DBC won’t take. 

They don't, it is the same plastic types 1, 2 and 5.   Plastic bags etc are not accepted by either, but Tesco take soft plastics like that. 

So, what else do DBC not accept?

Edited by Gladys

10 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I know you’re only doing this to have another pointless argument to point score but both criteria is beloW. Recycle collect take a wider range of plastics and any type of carton. 

D44C6FB0-71BD-486A-842C-5B10B2E640C2.jpeg

93C2674D-ACE1-4150-B559-2B9548D0BD2B.jpeg

That list is out of date, they accept type 5 plastic too.  I am not trying to have a pointless argument, just asking you to back up your statement that they recycle the bare minimum.

Do you really think Recycle Collect gather stuff that is treated any differently to any other recycling collected on the island and that they have special arrangements?

They have just filled a gap in collections only  that the smaller authorities do not undertake. 

It was you who made a sweeping statement. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That list is out of date, they accept type 5 plastic too. 

It’s literally the active list on both websites carry on arguing with yourself. You talk about sweeping statements, then I provide evidence, then you dispute what’s actually posted on peoples websites.

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

It’s literally the active list on both websites carry on arguing with yourself. You talk about sweeping statements, then I provide evidence, then you dispute what’s actually posted on peoples websites.

The evidence is that I put in and they take type 5 plastics and have done so for about a year.  The website is crap, I grant you.