More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

31 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They don't, it is the same plastic types 1, 2 and 5.   Plastic bags etc are not accepted by either, but Tesco take soft plastics like that. 

So, what else do DBC not accept?

Wouldn’t waste your time with strange Eddie, he just argues about everything  & has a real grudge against DBC , probably a failed to get elected!!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

What on earth has it got to do with basking sharks? I’ve already posted the current leaflet on the DBC website. 

That is the old leaflet.  As I said, their website is crap.

The basking shark leaflet is to do with the DBC fortnightly collections and they have been accepting type 5 for quite some time before.  The fact is, DBC collect the same recycling the same as anyone else on the island, not the bare minimum as you stated.

1 hour ago, finlo said:

As do all of the amenity sites.

There used to be a large bin for the milk cartons in PSM town hall car park but it was removed several weeks ago. Now they have to be taken to the amenity site.

Thinking of going back to bottles as delivered and collected.

48 minutes ago, Gladys said:
48 minutes ago, Banker said:

Wouldn’t waste your time with strange Eddie, he just argues about everything  & has a real grudge against DBC , probably a failed to get elected!!

And he doesn't live in Douglas!

Ah, yes: but he pays the Douglas business rate!  “Which is probably more than most Douglas residents pay in rates anyway.”, as you’ll recall…

Edited by Jarndyce
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

This thread has become so fucking daft and boring now.

People are literally arguing over plastic.

Come on though you have to admit that when you go googling for info on recycling plastic types the first search criteria you’d think to put in is “basking sharks” 

4 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Come on though you have to admit that when you go googling for info on recycling plastic types the first search criteria you’d think to put in is “basking sharks” 

If you lived in Douglas, you would know exactly what the basking shark reference is about. 

• Like 1

If I make the effort to be somewhat more environmentally virtuous and do the right thing by the planet by increasing the amount that I recycle, thus reducing the amount of collectable, incinerable waste I produce - will my annual Rates bill be reviewed down accordingly?

• Haha 1