More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I take it you don't pay for the service though. I do.

No, kerbside recycling is not part of Castletown rates. I do not know who (but I think from the pile up during covid it was the doi) is responsible for the public bins, but they are well used.

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Sneak them out to the football club when no one is looking.

That's too far. I have no shame really, I'm proud to recycle umpteen wine bottles and beer cans.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Banker said:

FFS give the trolling a rest!!😂

What specifically am I trolling? I’ve just repeated what’s on Twitter if people don’t have Twitter to follow the other link. You sound absolutely furious today has a teacher taken the last sandwich that you had your eye on in M&S? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I take it you don't pay for the service though. I do.

Actually, thinking about this, when you got your rates demand, did you pay it on the assumption they'd be picking your bins up every week? Bit dodgy to change it halfway through the year when you've already billed everyone isn't it? Not sure I've seen that mentioned before, why is that? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Imagine complaining that someone picks your recycling up from your house.

Some of us have to publicly clink and clank our shame through the town square to responsibly dispose of ours.

I would rather Douglas's fortnightly but with recycling option than the once a week, one bin model than we have here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Actually, thinking about this, when you got your rates demand, did you pay it on the assumption they'd be picking your bins up every week? Bit dodgy to change it halfway through the year when you've already billed everyone isn't it? Not sure I've seen that mentioned before, why is that? 

What would you do though, not pay? Rates aren't like a Netflix subscription.

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I would rather Douglas's fortnightly but with recycling option than the once a week, one bin model than we have here.

You'll have to speak to your local commissioners, they hold the power.

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

What would you do though, not pay? Rates aren't like a Netflix subscription.

Well most people will have paid before they made the change, which is shifty.

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You can see it mentioned in this thread, it was brought up at the DBC meeting by Dominic Delaney.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You can see it mentioned in this thread, it was brought up at the DBC meeting by Dominic Delaney.

Typically vacuous point by Delaney. What would people have done if the change was done before the rates were due - move house? Not pay?

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Interesting...after all your complaints of alleged bias and all the conspiracy theories you have supposedly seen in this thread up to now - that it is now yourself putting this thread at risk. If that guy gets shut down legally, so will this thread, or at least very large chunks of it.

These pastes should have gone into a different thread.

Try and switch on a little more to the consequences of your actions...it might make you more friends on MF.

How does it not relate to uselessness in DBC...?

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

Typically vacuous point by Delaney. What would people have done if the change was done before the rates were due - move house? Not pay?

Well not really, he only made the point it was unfair. This was countered by DBC saying it was actually a cost neutral change...how though, few seemed to understand.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

Well not really, he only made the point it was unfair. This was countered by DBC saying it was actually a cost neutral change...how though, few seemed to understand.

We've heard the expression cost-neutral from Govt before as well...

• Like 1

Just now, Albert Tatlock said:

What's unfair about the timing?