More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

But you can't shop around like you can with boiler service companies and pay your rates to a different council. It isn't a contract between you and the Council, it's a tax. 

If they'd made the change before the bills went out, the service would be the same, the bills the same, and everyone would have had no choice but to pay it. Also if they changed the service before the bills went out then the previous year would have been impacted by the same "unfairness". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Interesting...after all your complaints of alleged bias and all the conspiracy theories you have supposedly seen in this thread up to now - that it is now yourself putting this thread at risk. If that guy gets shut down legally, so will this thread, or at least very large chunks of it.

These pastes should have gone into a different thread.

Try and switch on a little more to the consequences of your actions...it might make you more friends on MF.

What claims would those be and where would I find them? Also 1. How can I put anything at risk by posting something that’s freely in the public domain under a known persons (ie, not anonymous) social media profile? 2. Another poster posted the link to Twitter before I did. It’s public domain information that anyone can read or check.

Edited by Steady Eddie
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

What claims would those be and where would I find them? Also 1. How can I put anything at risk by posting something that’s freely in the public domain under a known persons social media profile? 2. Another poster posted the link to Twitter before I did. It’s public domain information that anyone can check.

I suggest we ask @John Wrightfor his take on this.

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I suggest we ask @John Wrightfor his take on this.

Well I suppose at least he has no connection to DBC. If it’s an issue then take down but it seems to be that almost everything of late to do with DBC seems to be taken down or censured in one way or another. It’s public domain info that will probably end up in a press report at some stage anyway which seems to be the intention of the poster.

Edited by Steady Eddie

4 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Well I suppose at least he has no connection to DBC. If it’s an issue then take down but it seems to be that almost everything of late to do with DBC seems to be taken down or censured in one way or another. It’s public domain info that will probably end up in a press report at some stage anyway.

Read my post properly.

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Read my post properly.

I don’t need to re-read it. Jason Scales published it and it’s freely readable in the public domain elsewhere attributed to a known person. Are you suggesting the forum should stop everyone screen shotting or re-posting things they read anywhere else on the internet just in case? If so your probably well advised to remove the post a clip facility from the platform.

Edited by Steady Eddie

17 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

What claims would those be and where would I find them? Also 1. How can I put anything at risk by posting something that’s freely in the public domain under a known persons (ie, not anonymous) social media profile? 2. Another poster posted the link to Twitter before I did. It’s public domain information that anyone can read or check.

You are publishing potentially defamatory statements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

I don’t need to re-read it. Jason Scales published it and it’s freely readable in the public domain elsewhere attributed to a known person. Are you suggesting the forum should stop everyone screen shotting or re-posting things they read anywhere else on the internet just in case? If so your probably well advised to remove the post a clip facility from the platform.

I bet you get electrocuted by every single new electrical appliance you buy.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steady Eddie said:

I don’t need to re-read it. Jason Scales published it and it’s freely readable in the public domain elsewhere attributed to a known person. Are you suggesting the forum should ban everyone screen shoting or re-posting things they read anywhere else on the internet just in case? If so your probably well advised to remove the post a clip facility from the platform.

But when you repeat a libel or slander you are equally responsible for publishing it as the original person. So, the public domain/other person published it first argument isn’t a defence for you.

You would have to prove justification yourself. Can you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1