More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

Just now, John Wright said:

But when you repeat a libel or slander you are equally responsible for publishing it as the original person. So, the public domain/other person published it first argument isn’t a defence for you.

You would have to prove justification yourself. Can you?

As I said John this forum needs to remove the facility to post screen shots if you’re going to view any material cut and paste from anywhere else on the www as potentially defamatory. There are hundreds and hundreds of clips on here that might be potentially defamatory in hindsight if you want to take that approach. 

Just now, Steady Eddie said:

As I said John this forum needs to remove the facility to post screen shots if you’re going to view any material cut and paste from anywhere else on the www as potentially defamatory. There are hundreds and hundreds of clips on here that might be potentially defamatory in hindsight if you want to take that approach. 

You really are thick. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheTeapot said:

If you screenshot the tweet and post it you're responsible for it, if you post a link or embed a tweet you're not, thats the way I think of it. And I don't care if I'm wrong.

I take a similar view. If I embed the tweet on here and the tweet gets deleted, then so will the embed.

24 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

If you screenshot the tweet and post it you're responsible for it, if you post a link or embed a tweet you're not, thats the way I think of it. And I don't care if I'm wrong.

That’s fine so what’s a journalist going to do to fact check it.

1. Do you know Jason Scales is a real person. Tick

2. Is that Jason Scales actual genuine Twitter feed. Tick

3. Did Jason Scales post that content under his own name on his own Twitter feed at the times shown. Tick

4. Have any specific names been mentioned? No. Tick.

5. Have any specific claims been made about any illegal acts undertaken by named people. No. Tick.

So it’s news that can be reported. Whats the issue.

Edited by Steady Eddie

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But when you repeat a libel or slander you are equally responsible for publishing it as the original person. So, the public domain/other person published it first argument isn’t a defence for you.

You would have to prove justification yourself. Can you?

Just in case Eddie