More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Another thing they need to review is why are local authorities operating enterprises like golf courses, they should be sold or put out to tender & let the tenants pay for the upkeep rather than ratepayers.

Ramsey also bought the old courthouse , Braddan have built the massive new centre which will be competing with NSC & renting out units for cafes, nurseries etc how is this good use of ratepayers money?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 😂😂😂

Braddan Teacher Fascist spits dummy at Douglas golf course despite his new Sports Centre going over budget by £1m ish

Splendid 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

40 fags and a flask gets you through most manx winter inconveniences.

All these effete Porsche-driving Douglas-residing people whinging about occasional bin collections and a drop of rain. Spending a few years living on the west coast would make them realise what life is about. There's never been a 10 foot snowdrift on Douglas prom.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 😂😂😂

Braddan Teacher Fascist spits dummy at Douglas golf course despite his new Sports Centre going over budget by £1m ish

Splendid 

Did you read the whole post, or just have a meltdown after the first paragraph?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Steady Eddie said:

I’m not disagreeing with you I’m disagreeing with Alberts post which was basically an attack and a claim that the whole fabric of the forum was now in jeopardy. If that is the case then you need to remove the ability to re-post. You have set out your moderation approach very clearly which I’d agree with. As I said from what I can see Jason said it. He said it on his own Twitter profile. I know he exists. He hasn’t named anyone in that piece. And he hasn’t made specific allegations against a known person either. A newspaper could easily report on that as “news” (local businessman makes public allegations of DBC corruption on Twitter - and reproduce parts of the tweets) in that situation and I’m sure some might. 

Why are you hell bent on taking stupidity to a new level?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Think @Albert Tatlock has taken care of that!

The annoying thing in most of this thread is that real issues get distracted from by stupidity. Intentional? I have no idea.

The real issue in the last 24 hours has been virtually erased, but hopefully the truth will come out over the next few weeks.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

DBC should be financially sound and issue rates bills that reflect savings they've made in the year building up to that bill.

In this case they claim they issued a rates bill, but said the bin collection changes were cost neutral.

The rates still increased this year, because of inflation and other reasons.

What they really need to do is a clear out of all the overpaid managers, secretaries - and restructure the whole lot. But they're too frightened to tackle that. The manx govt and most local authorities are notoriously (and demonstrably) really bad at tackling inefficient, uneconomic and ineffective practices. Basically the system is designed (and has evolved) to protect everyone there - imcompetent or not - if you're shit, you just get moved sideways, not out.

We need competent outsiders to restructure the lot.

It all needs to be washed away and started from scratch.I 

• Thanks 1