More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Not sure they even know what a Tesco is.

I know someone who lives Bride way and wonder how they cope.

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yeah, but you have to kill your own food and grow your own veg up there...and no packaging 😀

I believe these posts to be villageist 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:
2 hours ago, Billy the Kid said:

Have lived in Kirk Michael for 25 years and we have had our bin emptied every two weeks during that time with no difficulties, get used to it!

Yeah, but you have to kill your own food and grow your own veg up there...and no packaging 😀

Don't be silly - it's Kirk Michael.  They have their servants to do all the killing and growing for them.  Well apart from the grouse shooting season.

20 hours ago, Banker said:

To save the environment by recycling!!😀

Which should be a choice not forced . If it I forced it should be done by MHKs not jumped up Councillors . Anyways if they think the latest revelation about the council is juicy . A video will be released shortly of one of the councillors having a discussion with someone 😀  keep a eye on twitter and Facebook.  

• Confused 1

Just now, quilp said:

Investigation underway into allegations of "institutional corruption" within DBC...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-council-to-investigate-corruption-allegations/

That should provide hours of fun ………. not! Who is investigating? Inspector Cluesseau? Tame Athol Street or Manx Establishment legal types? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

That should provide hours of fun ………. not! Who is investigating? Inspector Cluesseau? Tame Athol Street or Manx Establishment legal types? 

Just hope its someone independent  thats carrying out the investigation ,  and as central government  are likely to also be implicated ,  this is a must , we already have too many quasi government organisations investigating their own complaints

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Just hope its someone independent  thats carrying out the investigation ,  and as central government  are likely to also be implicated ,  this is a must , we already have too many quasi government organisations investigating their own complaints

Nothing to do with me now as I am on my way home, off island BUT....

Something as serious as this should be handed to the Governor/ UK to investigate IMHO.

With the government's legal department being the biggest employer of not very good "Lawyers" (See recent dismissal of appeal for the award to 2 of your unelected MHKs)  and the rest of the legal profession on your island not exactly being top notch, It would make sense to ship this type of investigation off island.

Just look how a decent UK Lawyer ripped to bits the DHSS over the unfair dismissal case...........

Just saying.

Take care and HNY to you all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Depends if there’s any actual evidence if wrongdoing, if it’s just some failure who’s facing criminal investigation who’s made unfounded allegations then I don’t see why major expenses should be incurred 

• Haha 1