More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Allegations have been made, it doesn’t matter as to source of these allegations, either way it should be investigated and investigated properly, independently and with good faith and open minded, not swept under a carpet, as it could offend, embarrass or even implicate anyone, resulting in possible disciplinary action. Incidentally, a ‘failure’ facing criminal investigation or potential trial is entitled to be treated fairly, and if they have made allegations, their allegations should be treated with respect, and not treated with disdain. 

The bulge under the carpet is getting very big but they will find room 

9 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Deleted the original post as I couldn't get the link to work. But it was a tweet that states there is actually no offence of Misconduct in Public Office on the Isle of Man. 

Unrelated to this case, I suspect it's how so many alleged outrageous machiavellian behaviours have been able to fly in the public sector. 

I think machiavellian behaviour is seen as a good thing by some in power and then they wonder why there's a problem with bullying.

44 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

They'll just say it's a matter for DBC to investigate. They won't want to get their hands dirty. 

Local Authorities are useful for MHKs to offload politically inconvenient stuff to. Phil Gawne loved offloading DOI stuff to them all.

Including recycling and the incinerator. Look how that's turning out!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Deleted the original post as I couldn't get the link to work. But it was a tweet that states there is actually no offence of Misconduct in Public Office on the Isle of Man. 

Unrelated to this case, I suspect it's how so many alleged outrageous machiavellian behaviours have been able to fly in the public sector. 

Misconduct in Public Office is a common law offence in England and Wales, but it is not a statutory offence (it wasn't created by an Act of Parliament). It isn't in the common law in the Isle of Man (nor Scotland, Channel Islands, NI) and is similarly not a statutory offence here either.

Because it isn't statutory, guidance in England is that it shouldn't be used by prosecutors unless there is no suitable/appropriate statutory offence.

So, whilst Derek Flint constantly shouts about how terrible it is that it doesn't exist in Manx law, in reality it makes bugger all difference. The usual suite of dishonesty offences (fraud, theft, embezzlement, etc) cover corruption perfectly well.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gladys said:

Like seatbelts? 

Seatbelts save lives clearly . Forcing recycling does not save lives . Jesus christ . This is what we are up against . This is the most laughable comment yet .

Because if these bins and forced recycling , which as is clear of day now , not a lot actually gets recycled anyway.  People are using fires and burning rubbish In their backyards , driving to the tips daily to get rid of rubbish . Even if recycling actually saved the world from the earth's cycle which it does anyway , the counter affects of forcing it do much greater harm . 

Much like a face mask,  you wish to wear one fantastic , if you don't fair enough . Go down the lanes in Douglas and tell Me this is better for the environment 

Edited by Manxieover65
Wrong file
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTW what's interesting is I know one person who is due a bin inspection to prove they need help yet douglas Corporation keep trying to do it on the Friday after It is emptied that morning . I Wonder why ? Surely the Thursday before bin pick up when it's at its fullest or in this case overflowing and bin bags all around the house,  that would be the best time to inspect . 

Utter idiots they are

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Council email systems allegedly hacked now.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/douglas-borough-council-leader-allegedly-hacked/

Bobby Ewing's going to turn up next...and this whole bin fiasco will turn out to have been a dream.

unlikely.

more likely a spoofed from address which the receiving server should have flagged

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manxieover65 said:

... Because if these bins and forced recycling , which as is clear of day now , not a lot actually gets recycled anyway.  People are using fires and burning rubbish In their backyards , driving to the tips daily to get rid of rubbish ...

As I've posted previously I don't have a problem with the principle of a fortnightly collection cycle because where I live in the UK we've already been doing it for years and years and years with no problems.

However, I would agree that it seems as if DBC have implemented the whole thing in a rather cack-handed way and haven't really given proper consideration as to how and where residents should store their waste and recycling between collections.

But what I really don't understand - and several posters seem to be claiming this - is why so many Douglas residents seem to find it necessary to make daily or even several trips a week to the tip.  Is this just normal domestic waste and recycling that's being disposed of? 

I probably make no more than about half a dozen visits to our tip over a year - and that's only to get rid of stuff we can't put in our bins.

I can't imagine going to our tip monthly or even twice monthly.  Where is this waste or recycling coming from that it needs such frequent visits to the tip?

1 hour ago, genericUserName said:

unlikely.

more likely a spoofed from address which the receiving server should have flagged

sounds like  someone has been on the sauce , and then decided to email a friend  in the Media , the credibility of the city fathers is waining fast , perhaps its time the public had a vote of no confidence in them  rather than the council  having a vote of no confidence in Ms Wells , just what is going on here ? 

• Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Omobono said:

sounds like  someone has been on the sauce , and then decided to email a friend  in the Media , the credibility of the city fathers is waining fast , perhaps its time the public had a vote of no confidence in them  rather than the council  having a vote of no confidence in Ms Wells , just what is going on here ? 

As I wrote, it seems to me far more likely to me that someone (i.e. probably unconnected to the council) has figured out they can maliciously send emails with a fake (spoofed) from address. That should be fairly easy to figure out from the headers. Best case scenario the actual originating IP address will show too.

Normally today our email systems are configured to flag or dump messages with spoofed 'from' addresses.

Edited by genericUserName
  • Like 1