More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

59 minutes ago, FANDL said:

how long does it take people to check their email? 

It would be for the people who have received the message to check the original headers and confirm whether their systems have allowed through a message which is not really from where it pretends to be from.

In terms of how long. Let's say 5 minutes for someone who knows what they are doing. Maybe 30 mins for someone who has to look up or remember how.

Edited by genericUserName

Change.org Petition. Reinstate weekly bin collections in Douglas
904 people have signed up so far to the Protest Group:   https://m.facebook.com/groups/940207443613790/

And 602 people have signed up so far in a short time to the change.org official Petition:

https://www.change.org/p/reinstate-weekly-bin-collections-in-douglas

Edited by Cassie2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

In terms of how long. Let's say 5 minutes for someone who knows what they are doing. Maybe 30 mins for someone who has to look up or remember how.

No meant if both messages were sent 29/30th Dec why is this only news on the 5th Jan and why is IOM Newspapers only reporting after MR did if they say they called her on Monday for comments?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

As I've posted previously I don't have a problem with the principle of a fortnightly collection cycle because where I live in the UK we've already been doing it for years and years and years with no problems.

However, I would agree that it seems as if DBC have implemented the whole thing in a rather cack-handed way and haven't really given proper consideration as to how and where residents should store their waste and recycling between collections.

But what I really don't understand - and several posters seem to be claiming this - is why so many Douglas residents seem to find it necessary to make daily or even several trips a week to the tip.  Is this just normal domestic waste and recycling that's being disposed of? 

I probably make no more than about half a dozen visits to our tip over a year - and that's only to get rid of stuff we can't put in our bins.

I can't imagine going to our tip monthly or even twice monthly.  Where is this waste or recycling coming from that it needs such frequent visits to the tip?

Cack handed.....Black Country?

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

Spoofed as that’s now another https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/investigation-into-apparent-hacking-of-council-leaders-email-586580 how long does it take people to check their email? 

And IOM Newspapers spotted it straight away, checked directly with Wells and ignored it.  Possibly Manx Radio did as well until someone else saw it and thought it was 'too good to be false' and decided to make a thing of it.  Unless there's proof that  any accounts were hacked, it's a non-story.

It also shows the dangers of contracting a PR company to handle your 'communications' though.  Apart from it being ridiculous in such a small place where people are easy to contact (and it's not as if Douglas is short of highly-paid staff to do the PR anyway) IOMA very the ones who seem to have come up with the 'hacked' idea.  No doubt because it's what PR people do ("My notoriously racist and intemperate client can't possibly have sent out this offensive tweet - his account must have been hacked").

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manxieover65 said:

Seatbelts save lives clearly . Forcing recycling does not save lives . Jesus christ . This is what we are up against . This is the most laughable comment yet .

Because if these bins and forced recycling , which as is clear of day now , not a lot actually gets recycled anyway.  People are using fires and burning rubbish In their backyards , driving to the tips daily to get rid of rubbish . Even if recycling actually saved the world from the earth's cycle which it does anyway , the counter affects of forcing it do much greater harm . 

Much like a face mask,  you wish to wear one fantastic , if you don't fair enough . Go down the lanes in Douglas and tell Me this is better for the environment 

No, if you remember when wearing seatbelts was made compulsory, many objected to being told what to do 'it's my life and I'll decide what risk I'll take.'   It has become the norm now and no one really objects. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Ooohhhh wonder if it's another Councillor 

https://gef.im/2023/01/05/council-identifies-fake-emails-author/

Magnificent spin by IOM Advertising doing what the DBC have asked.

Head scratching that the story comes out straight after Under Investigation Crypto Tubs posted his DBC corruption stuff.

Deflection at it’s finest if the NPM & Dick Butt had knowledge wouldn’t good journalism have investigated and announced.

Bottom line is hack or no hack or strangely factual it makes no difference.

DBC are accused of fraud and the bin issue hasn’t gone away.

Will IOM Advertising appear on the next Rates Bill.

Over Inflated Bullshit 4p in the Pound 😂😂😂

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Gizo lives in Douglas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1