More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

...and neither do you.

You make a lot of assumptions. I know a lot of what the Scales thing is about as I’ve spent a good amount of time talking to him. That’s going to run a lot further yet. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Any electronic proof of wrongdoing (messages etc. related to alleged fraud)...plus any spoof emails - all covered by communications act.

All perfectly correct for the police to look into.

This whole shenannigans needs to go up a level and be properly investigated, regardless of the outcome.

Cops need to step up here. This idn't just about politics anymore.

Wouldn't any police involvement depend on DBC referring the matter to them?   If DBC don't want to involve them, what can the police do?  

Of course if DBC is a victim of a crime, you'd hope they would report it to poilice, in view of everything's that currently going on, but that might be wholly dependent on who DBC has identified as being allegedly responsible.   

4 minutes ago, FANDL said:

You make a lot of assumptions. I know a lot of what the Scales thing is about as I’ve spent a good amount of time talking to him. That’s going to run a lot further yet. 

I make no assumptions whatsoever. That's my point...cops need to confirm/contradict...it's all assumptions till then.

The law's the law. Only the cops and the legal system decide that.

• Like 1

Being hacked can mean that there is the risk of personal data being lost, stolen or altered. The affected party has 72 hours to determine if the breach is a risk to the rights or freedoms of a person whose data has been lost, stolen or altered and if so to report it to the information commission regulator.

If the hacker was able to get access to Ms Wells email, what other emails could they have seen which contained personal data?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Wouldn't any police involvement depend on DBC referring the matter to them?   If DBC don't want to involve them, what can the police do?  

Of course if DBC is a victim of a crime, you'd hope they would report it to poilice, in view of everything's that currently going on, but that might be wholly dependent on who DBC has identified as being allegedly responsible.   

You can't avoid the police and 'keep things internal' if people make serious allegations and back it up with evidence. Whoever you are. Local authority or company.

Everyone is subject to the law.

You can't hide from the law...King or pauper or anything inbetween.

Police need to step up on this and sort it one way or other.

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

You can't avoid the police and 'keep things internal' if people make serious allegations and back it up with evidence. Whoever you are. Local authority or company.

Everyone is subject to the law.

You can't hide from the law...King or pauper or anything inbetween.

Police need to step up on this and sort it one way or other.

You can avoid the police if you don't report it to them.

I'm not sure DBC is compelled to report these types of matters to the police though, if they choose not to.   Pretty much like if your house got burgled.  You might choose not to report it.  Someone might tell the police, but if the householder said they didn't want any police involvement, what could the police then do?  Not a lot would be my guess.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 11:47 PM, Gladys said:

If I was in your shoes, I would be looking for a solution not standing on my pride.  By engaging with DBC they will see the issue it causes and you may be provided with a solution which helps you. .

I don't think you get a visit from any of the Councillors, but someone from the waste department who, you rightly say, are indeed unelected. 

Have you ever read "The Carhullen Army" by Sarah Hall?

It's a stretch but if you want to know what enforced change for the greater good looks like, then there's no better parable. And remember you're the one that compares ethically driven recycling to life-saving seatbelts, so spare me the straw man fallacy riposte.

Do let me know if you want a synopsis of the book.

27 minutes ago, Thrax said:

Being hacked can mean that there is the risk of personal data being lost, stolen or altered. The affected party has 72 hours to determine if the breach is a risk to the rights or freedoms of a person whose data has been lost, stolen or altered and if so to report it to the information commission regulator.

If the hacker was able to get access to Ms Wells email, what other emails could they have seen which contained personal data?

Have you actually read the report, she wasn’t hacked it was a spoof email so no data lost!!

19 minutes ago, Viddy well said:

Have you ever read "The Carhullen Army" by Sarah Hall?

It's a stretch but if you want to know what enforced change for the greater good looks like, then there's no better parable. And remember you're the one that compares ethically driven recycling to life-saving seatbelts, so spare me the straw man fallacy riposte.

Do let me know if you want a synopsis of the book.

The analogy is that this is as much about behavioural change as anything.  People don't like having to change their behaviour, but never mind about that, you either get it or you don't. 

Thing is, this is an almost nothing issue but is illustrative of the complacency of the Manx electorate, everything can tick along as long as it does not impact on their lives noticeably.  Meanwhile, the poor quality of the elected is allowing or promoting all kinds of stuff that will not address the fundamental issues.  Why? Because the electorate doesn't care and is complacent unless it relates to their bins. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The analogy is that this is as much about behavioural change as anything.  People don't like having to change their behaviour, but never mind about that, you either get it or you don't. 

Thing is, this is an almost nothing issue but is illustrative of the complacency of the Manx electorate, everything can tick along as long as it does not impact on their lives noticeably.  Meanwhile, the poor quality of the elected is allowing or promoting all kinds of stuff that will not address the fundamental issues.  Why? Because the electorate doesn't care and is complacent unless it relates to their bins. 

...which is why next time the people of Douglas need to get up off their fat asses and vote.

...otherwise we'll get worse next time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Are we not both agreed that the zero-votes-equals-no-mandate argument is defunct? If so, can we dispense with that as a smoke screen and get to the issue of enforced-change-for-the-greater-good?

I'm going to assume that you've not read the Carhullen Army or you've not been able to google a synopsis in time.

So: Imagine a society where birth control is enforced for the greater good and the army is obliged to inspect women's IUDs at checkpoints to confirm compliance. As I said, it's a stretch but since you're in that game, then what's your opinion about enforced change for the good now?

If the policy change actually affected you, would you meekly accept it, or would you revolt>?

5 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

...which is why next time the people of Douglas need to get up off their fat asses and vote.

...otherwise we'll get worse next time.

At the last election in Ramsey I made the effort to read all the prospectuses that came through the letterbox. I did not think that any of them were worth voting for.

• Like 1