More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

22 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

On the roundel video Frank was asked what the waste collectors would do in the months when the green rubbish was not collected, the winter months, he replied training and other stuff…..so that is all right then they will be gainfully employed 🤣.

You cant beat other stuff. Well overdue in my opinion. Money well spent.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The childishness around here never ceases to amuse. 

Just thinking about this further, and call me old fashioned and patronising as well as childish if you wish, but normally in business if you find a potential efficiency by reducing by half something you did, you would expect to realise the benefit of that efficiency in £££££s by halving the resources by the same degree. It's the first time I have ever seen the saving negated completely by doing other stuff. Stuff you cant describe but didnt do before.

FTR. I find your response childish. On review I dont think mine is childish at all. Sarcastic maybe. Childish no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

The childishness around here never ceases to amuse. 

When English councils cut bin collections they were clear that it was to save money.

When DBC cut bin collections you tell us that it doesn't save any money and the binmen go to do "other stuff". Which seemingly didn't involve collecting recycling, judging by last week's shambles.

So if its not saving money, and you can't collect my recycling in a timely fashion, why are you doing it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Just thinking about this further, and call me old fashioned and patronising as well as childish if you wish, but normally in business if you find a potential efficiency by reducing by half something you did, you would expect to realise the benefit of that efficiency in £££££s by halving the resources by the same degree. It's the first time I have ever seen the saving negated completely by doing other stuff. Stuff you cant describe but didnt do before.

FTR. I find your response childish. On review I dont think mine is childish at all. Sarcastic maybe. Childish no. 

Of course it's childish to get all hooked up on one word in a video like this. Next year they will collect garden waste for 11 months and the one remaining month will likely be filled with training plus extra work due to increased Christmas volume. I'm also sure I have mentioned this a few times before already: it's not being reduced by half. It's one week black bin, one week garden waste, plus the recycling. 

25 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Of course it's childish to get all hooked up on one word in a video like this. Next year they will collect garden waste for 11 months and the one remaining month will likely be filled with training plus extra work due to increased Christmas volume. I'm also sure I have mentioned this a few times before already: it's not being reduced by half. It's one week black bin, one week garden waste, plus the recycling. 

So it's not hard to switch back to weekly black bin collections then. 

Im glad you haven't made it too hard for the replacement councillors to fix.

• Haha 1

So here we are... our recycling boxes and bags, which were not collected on Friday, because "the truck is full", and were supposed to be collected today (Monday) instead, have NOT been collected at all (maybe they DID mean 9th December after all, the incompetent bunch that they are!!!).

Now it's all going to get interesting, as tomorrow (Tuesday) is our bin collection day. I sincerely cannot see them turning up to clear the back lanes from all that's there (is it different teams, or the same staff driving different wagons on alternate weeks?).

I know it's first world problems and all that, but with all their arrogance of announcing all this and expecting everyone to do as they're told, WHEN they're told, what a fucking shambles, as they clearly are a bunch of incompetent fools. We are really doing our best, but there's so much shite in our back lane, I would bet my left bollock that there's NO WAY they will clear it all tomorrow. I wait with bated breath (soon it's the only thing we'll be able to do, with all the smells starting to emanate!!!

• Thanks 2