More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

Have been sent some info on this suggesting the claims they’re aware of who did it (or even if anyone did) are entirely baseless and, basically, we’re made up by their PR agency who dropped the ball in its dealings with Manx Radio so needed an exit strategy. As such it’s been suggested that they will never be mentioned or referred to again. Need to do some more digging on this yet though. 

Interesting thanks. I look forward to reading the article!

2 hours ago, FANDL said:

Have been sent some info on this suggesting the claims they’re aware of who did it (or even if anyone did) are entirely baseless and, basically, we’re made up by their PR agency who dropped the ball in its dealings with Manx Radio so needed an exit strategy. As such it’s been suggested that they will never be mentioned or referred to again. Need to do some more digging on this yet though. 

Is that based on your usual level of fact checking? Seriously, how do people come up with this stuff? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FANDL said:

Well it's been instructive, if not surprising that the unpaid councillors have been better-informed and more proactive in handling the PR than the paid officials or agency, but the hoax was pretty unsophisticated and it wouldn't be a shock if the person responsible had been equally sloppy in covering their tracks.

But why should they be careful anyway?  They don't seem to have done anything illegal except making someone at Manx Radio[1] look like an idiot.  Which is also instructive but not surprising.

[1]  Given the lapse in time between the email being sent out and its publication, it's quite likely that the first people at MR who saw it, assumed it was nonsense and ignored it (as the IOM Newspapers people did).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

Did we hear any more on the spoof email scandal?  I find it very hard to believe they have found an email spoofer, it's near impossible if using anonymous spoofing software

No doubt they passed it through a shredder app, and so can no longer track it.

Or it was Amadeuse full of cherry schnapps late one evening 

42 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

No doubt they passed it through a shredder app, and so can no longer track it.

Or it was Amadeuse full of cherry schnapps late one evening 

What an outrageous allegation. I would never drink Cherry Schnapps!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Is that based on your usual level of fact checking? Seriously, how do people come up with this stuff? 

You know if you sounded a bit less defensive and bitter about this all more people might believe that it’s got absolutely nothing to do with you. When will the council be making the smoking gun announcement? 

Just now, FANDL said:

You know if you sounded a bit less defensive and bitter about this all more people might believe that it’s got absolutely nothing to do with you. When will the council be making the smoking gun announcement? 

There’s nothing bitter about it. I’m just disappointed about the way you research and publish things. It falls far short of any journalistic standards that you should strive to adhere to if you care about your credibility. Having seen how you work I’m unwilling to interact with you in any meaningful way even if I like the concept of what you do. 

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

There’s nothing bitter about it. I’m just disappointed about the way you research and publish things.

Which specific bits of publications don’t you like? The ones you’ve liked and shared before when they were about Michael Josem and other politicians or is it just the ones that relate to either you or DBC you seek to discredit or ignore? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

There’s nothing bitter about it. I’m just disappointed about the way you research and publish things. It falls far short of any journalistic standards that you should strive to adhere to if you care about your credibility. Having seen how you work I’m unwilling to interact with you in any meaningful way even if I like the concept of what you do. 

God, Frank, get over yourself. It’s a parody site. A bit like trolling. Do you see Rob engaging as if it were a journalistic site.

I know Germans aren’t endowed with a sense of humour, but really!

it’s the same with you promoting your Roundel YouTube videos on here. A massive own goal whilst the bin saga rumbles on. It’s tone deaf. And the journalistic standards are non existent. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

God, Frank, get over yourself. It’s a parody site. A bit like trolling. Do you see Rob engaging as if it were a journalistic site.

it’s the same with you promoting your Roundel YouTube videos on here. A massive own goal whilst the bin saga rumbles on. It’s tone deaf. And the journalistic standards are non existent. 

+1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

+1

And it’s potentially damaging to MF.

Keep your vanity videos off here, please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3