More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

14 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's cheaper than a sportscar and less dangerous than a Harley.

Although you'd aspire to either rather than one of those electric things... 😂

5 hours ago, quilp said:

Still in the dark. Waste services, because of the weather, playing catch-up and bins to be put out as normal, which we did last night, but now, myself and my neighbours are wondering whether we should leave ours out. Harcroft. They attempted to drive up the close this morning but it was too icy.

So what do we do Frank..? 

@Amadeus See above...

Called the office, no answer, left message relevant to the above, asked for a call-back, no response. How hard can it be to get an answer? 

• Like 1

waste services were also in the dark this morning ,yes collecting my bins before 8am I couldn't believe it , but I guess they are having to do almost twice the work  to deal with the ridiculous  2 weekly collection ,when in their wisdom they have committed their workforce  to collecting bins outside Douglas , !  

30 minutes ago, Omobono said:

waste services were also in the dark this morning ,yes collecting my bins before 8am I couldn't believe it , but I guess they are having to do almost twice the work  to deal with the ridiculous  2 weekly collection ,when in their wisdom they have committed their workforce  to collecting bins outside Douglas , !  

In Braddan the bins outside my house were collected at 6.30am today, normally 7am so just getting n with job, what’s your issue with bins being collected before 8am?

No issue with the bins being collected  early morning , but the way the system is working now  and commitments made to collect  refuse  outside Douglas , my contact in the corporation said  if the snow or bad weather  had continued it would have been another 2 weeks  before they could get around  to emptying my bin again , which given the significant amount of domestic rates I pay ,quite frankly is just not good enough  and driving into town this morning  there are overflowing bins all over central Douglas , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

No issue with the bins being collected  early morning , but the way the system is working now  and commitments made to collect  refuse  outside Douglas , my contact in the corporation said  if the snow or bad weather  had continued it would have been another 2 weeks  before they could get around  to emptying my bin again , which given the significant amount of domestic rates I pay ,quite frankly is just not good enough  and driving into town this morning  there are overflowing bins all over central Douglas , 

Sorry but that is absolutely not true. I spoke with one of the crews collecting near work this morning (I know the driver) and they said to me they’re catching up today from yesterdays missed collections. Nothing new here.

He told me there’s so much false information  going around, it’s laughable. He said some Douglas residents like mid American rednecks. Absolutely no idea what the truth is, don’t want to know and what they don’t know they make up. He said to me that the infamous FB page on fortnightly collections is now just entertainment watching these lunatics try and spin it. He said that the Alex Christian guy isn’t even a real profile😝

23 hours ago, Satan666 said:

He said that the Alex Christian guy isn’t even a real profile😝

He is likely correct but it would seem that the issue is still not going away and that the ratepayers aren’t going to let them off the hook. The online petition is still circulating and it seems full of genuine Douglas ratepayers who don’t support the changes at all. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FANDL said:

He is likely correct but it would seem that the issue is still not going away and that the ratepayers aren’t going to let them off the hook. The online petition is still circulating and it seems full of genuine Douglas ratepayers who don’t support the changes at all. 

This ratepayer is perfectly happy. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Probably right. What concerns me with the petition is that you don’t have to submit your address so how would DBC handle this as there’s no proof. I think the organizer can ask DBC what they process is. Seem to remember one years ago and that was a similar issue then. Could be wrong though

I have paid rates in Douglas for 22 years. I used to be employed as a sparkie for Douglas Corporation. I personally have never really seen value in my rates. I kinda always just got on with paying them. Now however a fortnightly bin collection, having to pay 20p for a piddle in the toilets my rates have already paid for, no lovely oldskool lights to look at, (no colours at all), looking at the rubbish blowing around the streets regularly, watching a tractor occasionally pushing weeds into the sea and wondering why regularly I see corpy guys watering flowers in the p#ssing down rain kinda makes me think I should refuse to pay. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2