More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I think you are missing the point gladys.

I am admitting my failings. They are human failings. I am far from 1 in 1. I am saying that DBCs customers are humans. They have failings. They should have had that in  mind when they came up with a strategy that was only suitable for those who didnt have such failings. A minority it seems.

FGS who ever reads all the crap that organisations put in with their Bill's. 

No, you are missing the point.  There was plenty of publicity as well as direct notifications.  The onus is on you to read what is sent to you.  A reasonable person,  after realising that they had not read what was sent to them, would say 'I missed that' and then get on with it instead of arguing that the fault lay in no or poor communication from DBC. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, you are missing the point.  There was plenty of publicity as well as direct notifications.  The onus is on you to read what is sent to you.  A reasonable person,  after realising that they had not read what was sent to them, would say 'I missed that' and then get on with it instead of arguing that the fault lay in no or poor communication from DBC. 

Party line successfully towed - good work indeed Claire 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Party line successfully towed

Just wait until Frank starts his campaign for Keys. He’ll have to close MF down as he’ll end up being the only candidate that nobody can say anything bad about on his own forum. All the mods (ie, him and his mate) actively banning every adverse mention of only one candidate while everyone else standing will get ripped to shreds. It will be fun to watch the forum ‘free speech” in action 😂

30 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s clearly still fair game for anyone else to get slagged off on this forum though just not Douglas Corpy or anyone associated with Douglas Corpy. 

It’s clearly still fair game for you to slag off anyone who isn’t actively attacking Douglas Corpy on their every post…😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. 

30 minutes ago, C Montgomery Burns said:

Just wait until Frank starts his campaign for Keys. He’ll have to close MF down as he’ll end up being the only candidate that nobody can say anything bad about on his own forum. All the mods (ie, him and his mate) actively banning every adverse mention of only one candidate while everyone else standing will get ripped to shreds. It will be fun to watch the forum ‘free speech” in action 😂

I love that people on this forum think it actually matters when it comes to an election - or indeed anything 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I haven’t slagged off anyone. Just pointed out that some people are relaying accurately what their experience with DBC has been contrary to the regular claims from the usual suspects that people are either making things up or don’t have issues.

What from I see, 1) if there were thousands and thousands not happy then yes you’d have to say there’s been a really cockup. There’s not. Many solutions have been found for business and private people since the launch. 2) when I nip out for lunch or go to other areas of inner Douglas, which from what people are saying are shockingly full of litter and bin bags, there’s no more crap than has been the last 4 years I’ve worked there. 
No doubt many won’t agree but that’s just what I see.

30 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

I love that people on this forum think it actually matters when it comes to an election - or indeed anything 😂

it matters enough to be worried about legal action every 5 minutes.  thats what they tell us when something they dont like gets posted anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Party line successfully towed - good work indeed Claire 

I am not Claire Wells, but I was aware of the new collections through various channels, including my rates bill.   I do not have any real issues and the small issues I have had have mainly been addressed by DBC.

BUT I have consistently argued that:

1.  The recycling boxes are not fit for purpose  especially with their shower caps which disintegrate;

2.  There will be issues in the high density areas with multiple occupancies, Victorian properties and street layout not lending themselves to the storage and collection of the recycling boxes;

3.  DBC should provide locks for bins in these areas to stop people dumping their rubbish in other people's bins; and 

4.  DBC need to be told of specific problems so they can assist, or adapt their routines.

None of that makes me a DBC lackey. 

On 1/20/2023 at 6:55 PM, C Montgomery Burns said:

The EFW fees will just go up for everyone else so it’s a pointless exercise. Douglas pays less for a shirt while (potentially) then the EFW put the rates up even higher on the smaller volume they get from DBC and everyone else as they need to same level of fees to be viable. The whole thing is a totally pointless exercise in moving deck chairs round on the Titanic whilst reducing services.

Another classic IOMG FUBAR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Another classic IOMG FUBAR.

I may be wrong here, every chance, but I believe what the MUA pay the EfW for a unit of electricity doesn’t change and has not changed for years. The profit MUA have made in recent years may reflect this.

Edited by Guest
Crap english

9 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

I may be wrong here, every chance, but I believe what the MUA pay the EfW for a unit of electricity doesn’t change and has not changed for years. The profit MUA have made in recent years may reflect this.

How does the EFW plant get the electricity into the system? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

How does the EFW plant get the electricity into the system? 

Straight into the network from the turbine hall. Compliments the rest that is cabled in from the uk.