More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Where in Lord Street? 

The massive substation where the big transformers are. It's where there is a barrier into the car park on the LHS as you go up Lord Street 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/plans-to-make-douglas-car-park-more-secure/

https://www.manxutilities.im/about-us/our-assets/electricity/

Edited by Happier diner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, finlo said:

I don't think the EFW is supplied by a bit of 16mm either!

Eh?

TBH you might be right. But it doesn't sound right. There must be something more than uts connected into the network like a domestic solar array. 

I always imagined it went into lord Street and synced with the interconnector and PS but I admit I am only assuming. 

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Eh?

TBH you might be right. But it doesn't sound right. There must be something more than uts connected into the network like a domestic solar array. 

I always imagined it went into lord Street and synced with the interconnector and PS but I admit I am only assuming. 

Most likely feeds into the HV side of a local substation.

7 hours ago, finlo said:

Isn't that where a flywheel parted company with the generator and ended up in Athol St?

Bits all around the town, it was DC initially. closed down at night , running on batteries until next morning, how very Green 🤔

On 1/22/2023 at 9:01 AM, Gladys said:

No, they didn't just post on FB, there was info with your rates demand and the basking shark leaflet in the summer, plus plenty of coverage in local media. 

There really wasn't. And there certainly wasn't any publicity or consultation before they made this bone-headed decision. Nothing included with my rates demand, either.

There was also a significant gap between the initial decision being made, a half-arsed AwARnEs campaign on Facebook in August, and the actual implementation in October. 

I'm resigned to the fact they won't change their mind and I can't make them. Wells lives round the corner, I'll just use her bin.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2