More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

They said ages ago they were bringing collections back from February because people were moaning that their green waste wasn't being collected.

I don't see the point either, but in fairness they're responding to complaints on this one.

I compost. But i prune rose bushes and fruit trees in December, January, February

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:39 AM, cissolt said:

Are the Douglas town center management people part of DBC?  They seem to be all over social media, do they have a purpose?  Can't imagine its a cheap service.

yes they are and they do a lot of work. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/21/2023 at 8:15 AM, 360 View said:

Nice to see that Wales has now introduced reverse vending machine to encourage recycling, this is something I saw working very effectively when visiting Scandinavian countries more than 25 years ago. (Permafrost slightly inhibits burying waste in the ground!)

You take your empty bottles with you when you go shopping, post them in the vending machine and get a shopping voucher in return - perhaps DBC should introduce this or even, heaven forbid, it could be implemented island-wide as a Climate Change Initiative.

My bill for that suggested action plan is in the post.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64336199

just as an extra thought, the vouchers could be donated to the Food Banks to assist those in need … 

I've said twenty years ago we should have deposits on bottles, cans, etc, just like Germany and many other countries. We should have banned plastic bags ages ago and could have done loads of other things but there is no political will.

• Thanks 2

New road orders have just been signed. They are in effect but won't be enforced until the new signs arrive later next month. Now might be a good time to tell the Rovers to get going on their outside seats issue. 

JohnSt Instructions & Plans.pdf VariousRoads,Douglas(ProhibitionofVehicles)Order2023_V03.docx

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

New road orders have just been signed. They are in effect but won't be enforced until the new signs arrive later next month. Now might be a good time to tell the Rovers to get going on their outside seats issue. 

JohnSt Instructions & Plans.pdf 715.02 kB · 4 downloads VariousRoads,Douglas(ProhibitionofVehicles)Order2023_V03.docx 48.58 kB · 2 downloads

Is Church Steet included? 

John Street will annoy some of the Council staff who often park vans outside DBC HQ.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

Is Church Steet included? 

John Street will annoy some of the Council staff who often park vans outside DBC HQ.

Lower Church Street

Between Barrack Street and Lord Street

All days

All hours

• Like 2

Another load of shite they have not thought through, it is mainly used by there own staff and vehicles to service the town hall and or report to the bloated offices of over 120 personal which I believe is over 25% of the whole DBC workforce which cost many millions(as the rate hike will plainly show) and produce nothing of any substance whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Another load of shite they have not thought through, it is mainly used by there own staff and vehicles to service the town hall and or report to the bloated offices of over 120 personal which I believe is over 25% of the whole DBC workforce which cost many millions(as the rate hike will plainly show) and produce nothing of any substance whatsoever.

Cool story bro. Roads are DOI, not DBC. I'm all for closing the roads around town hall properly. A to get rid of wild parking and B to get the Rovers their outside seating back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Your failure to do B in two years so far reflects poorly on yourself

You'll need to speak to the DOI about this. A lot was claimed and reported wrongly. 

23 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I've said twenty years ago we should have deposits on bottles, cans, etc, just like Germany and many other countries. We should have banned plastic bags ages ago and could have done loads of other things but there is no political will.

But we don’t live in German,  nor would we want to, Germany is a nothingness to us, so irrelevant what they do