More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

20 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

But we don’t live in German,  nor would we want to,

I lived in Frankfurt for a long time. A friend there worked for a European insurance company. One day a young English lad arrived as a new employee. When asked why he chose the Frankfurt office he said that he wanted to be dominated by a woman, and he thought Germany was a good place to find one with the required attributes.

Some people like Germany.

23 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I've said twenty years ago we should have deposits on bottles, cans, etc, just like Germany and many other countries. We should have banned plastic bags ages ago and could have done loads of other things but there is no political will.

This kind of thing I could get behind . Encourage it , instead of forcing . You'd get far better results that way . When I went to the world cup in 2006 the Germans did something similar with the empty beer glasses and I thought it was a good idea.

What I will say on a positive note for yourself and the council . I went down to get rid of my weekly excess rubbish at tip this morning . The staff were brilliant and helpful. 

Edited by Manxieover65
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

It will be the usual DBC fit up job over the Rovers where everyone else is blamed but the actual people responsible. Unless it impacts directly on the DBC members themselves they don’t care. But even when it does potentially impact on them you get the rumours that Falk Hornings street is still getting weekly refuse collections because of all the flats, and the clear fact that the only two parking spaces on Harwarden Avenue that aren’t part of the disc zone are right outside Stu Pitts house. 

Hardly rumours and pretty easy to verify or rebut. 

you get the rumours that Falk Hornings street is still getting weekly refuse collections because of all the flats, and the clear fact that the only two parking spaces on Harwarden Avenue that aren’t part of the disc zone are right outside Stu Pitts house. 

They've probably still got hanging baskets there too 😂

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The hanging baskets are going now. But it’s disingenuous for DBC members to wash their hands of any responsibility for the Rovers situation. It could have been sorted out in 15 mins if anyone could really have been arsed. 

Smells and noise interrupting the slumber of the back offices of the Town Hall during working days and hours. Utterly untenable. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:
4 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

you get the rumours that Falk Hornings street is still getting weekly refuse collections because of all the flats, and the clear fact that the only two parking spaces on Harwarden Avenue that aren’t part of the disc zone are right outside Stu Pitts house. 

They've probably still got hanging baskets there too 😂

I don’t think there have ever been DBC hanging baskets in Hawarden Avenue.

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Unless it impacts directly on the DBC members themselves they don’t care. But even when it does potentially impact on them you get the rumours that Falk Hornings street is still getting weekly refuse collections because of all the flats, and the clear fact that the only two parking spaces on Harwarden Avenue that aren’t part of the disc zone are right outside Stu Pitts house. 

Well Cllr Stephen Pitts lives on Westminster Drive according to the DBC website, so parking on Hawarden Avenue may be less of a personal concern.  Even if it was, having parking outside your house being exempt from any disc zone would mean that anyone can park there, which would be a disadvantage.

It you've spent the last few months complaining that flats need weekly collections, it seems a bit odd to now complain that they're getting them.  I am unaware of Cllr Horning's domestic arrangement and am not going to hang about at the top of Bucks Road to find out, but it's possible that rubbish from the property is put in a large commercial bin and I think commercial collections are still weekly.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:
15 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

the clear fact that the only two parking spaces on Harwarden Avenue that aren’t part of the disc zone are right outside Stu Pitts house. 

Well Cllr Stephen Pitts lives on Westminster Drive according to the DBC website, so parking on Hawarden Avenue may be less of a personal concern. 

Best approach with offshoremanxman’s  “clear facts” would appear to be to treat them as works of fiction, until independently verified.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hilarious how much more time have they got to waste on Cllr Wells and her fantasy claim? She really doesn’t seem to be very good at admitting her failures. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/online-watchdog-is-looking-into-council-email-spoofing-590695

But you won’t admit your failure again by being shot down in flames by Roger only a few replies back. 
by Christ your life must be fckn boring. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2023 at 8:11 PM, Two-lane said:

I lived in Frankfurt for a long time. A friend there worked for a European insurance company. One day a young English lad arrived as a new employee. When asked why he chose the Frankfurt office he said that he wanted to be dominated by a woman, and he thought Germany was a good place to find one with the required attributes.

Some people like Germany.

I am not English so still not relevant

On 1/27/2023 at 10:01 PM, Amadeus said:

You'll need to speak to the DOI about this. A lot was claimed and reported wrongly. 

No, Corpy managers need to speak to DOI on residents behalf and if they are not competent to do that you as a accidental councillor need to make them on behalf of the rate payers which it what you get paid to attend meetings for. 

• Like 1