More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 minutes ago, 2bees said:

They have the worst speakers ever, you can watch it on Manx Radio’s Facebook. I’m too old for fireworks, even my kids are too old but i watched 27 seconds of it so, yeah, they need to think of something less indulgent in these torrid times 😳

Why does there have to be music anyway? I could understand if it was synced to the music but this is just "Quick, bung the compilation tape on"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

She actually has an account here now as well :) 

The fireworks are supported by a sponsor and bring people into town. People who go shopping, have dinner, stay for drinks etc. It’s a balancing act and I believe having the fireworks this year was the right decision. 

What do you believe for next year?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

We went to Peel last week, they had a big big fire on the beach, it was good. Sort of tempted to head to Douglas tonight seeing as the weather is alright. They having a bonfire or just the fireworks?

That does wonders for the ozone. I bet Daffy is doing cartwheels. 

Charity Shops should have more 'Man' goods in the front of store, might get more men in then? I've enough ball gowns and minis to last a lifetime!!!

Saw a few minutes of the fireworks display from upper Douglas, looked good, didn't need the big bangs but the visual was good.

Good on Dlas, something to lift the spirits in these hard times!

• Like 1

Well 10/10 to some of the absolute muppets at Douglas fireworks. What possesses someone to go down on the beach with two dogs to watch the fireworks and then have the dogs shit scared kicking off annoying everyone else just trying to watch the fireworks. You sir are a bell-end and a muppet, and if your life is so sad that the only companionship you have is two mangy mutts you can’t leave at home for 45 mins then keep on walking to the Sea Terminal and take a dive. 

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

...the fireworks finally went off to the tune of “We built this city on rock and roll” which of course we didn’t. 

There is a certain irony to them playing a song about all the dancefloors and clubs being closed down

• Like 1