More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 hours ago, yorik said:

Why does there have to be music anyway? I could understand if it was synced to the music but this is just "Quick, bung the compilation tape on"

The so-called "music" was absolutely dreadful.

All it added to the event was an over-load of tuneless noise.

To a fireworks display?

Why would you...?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The so-called "music" was absolutely dreadful.

All it added to the event was an over-load of tuneless noise.

To a fireworks display?

Why would you...?

What do you expect when you take two of the biggest drains of public money on the island (DBC and Manx Radio) and put them on the same stage?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Asthehills said:

What do you believe for next year?

Douglas prom was packed last night. Let’s see how that translated for local businesses, check other factors like budget and sponsors, and then make a decision. I generally like events like this as they bring people into town and also add to the quality of life of the place but it’s too early to make a decision about next year. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Douglas prom was packed last night. 

Then after the anticlimax everybody jumped in there cars and fucked off home without spending one brass razoo, thus adding to the pollution. Home to dine on £10 tesco  meal deal pizza style for a family of four, and cheap bottles of stella artoise. Giving nowt to local businesses as they are skint and trying to survive. What is the next thing DBC will come up with to spunk rate payers money on. How about some festoon at least there may be some support for that, oh you cannot the poles you bought are incapable of carrying lateral loading. Doh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Then after the anticlimax everybody jumped in there cars and fucked off home without spending one brass razoo, thus adding to the pollution. Home to dine on £10 tesco  meal deal pizza style for a family of four, and cheap bottles of stella artoise. Giving nowt to local businesses as they are skint and trying to survive. What is the next thing DBC will come up with to spunk rate payers money on. How about some festoon at least there may be some support for that, oh you cannot the poles you bought are incapable of carrying lateral loading. Doh

Strange that a lot of the restaurants o walked past yesterday evening were packed. Don’t assume everyone is like you. 

Like Observer says, restaurants are generally packed on a Friday. So saying the fireworks were a cause of that is a flawed statement.

Why not just admit the money that was supposedly saved on collections was far outweighed by what went up in smoke last night, and the reason for the fortnightly collection was to free up vehicles to take up contracts outside of Douglas. Which take priority over Douglas work as contracts must be covered.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Strange that a lot of the restaurants o walked past yesterday evening were packed. Don’t assume everyone is like you. 

6 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Like Observer says, restaurants are generally packed on a Friday. So saying the fireworks were a cause of that is a flawed statement.

Why not just admit the money that was supposedly saved on collections was far outweighed by what went up in smoke last night, and the reason for the fortnightly collection was to free up vehicles to take up contracts outside of Douglas. Which take priority over Douglas work as contracts must be covered.

I think I am with @Amadeuson this one. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. There has always been fireworks. I don't watch them but a lot do. The kids love them Yes the pubs, restaurants and bars are always busy in Fridays especially on Fridays. But so what .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

What? 

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I think I am with @Amadeuson this one. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. There has always been fireworks. I don't watch them but a lot do. The kids love them Yes the pubs, restaurants and bars are always busy in Fridays especially on Fridays. But so what .

The pubs are never busy on a Friday anymore mate

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

The pubs are never busy on a Friday anymore mate

Oh yes they are. Well they are in my experience. I agree that they are  quieter than they were 4 years ago. But those which offer what people want are rammed. You try the front porch at 9pm on a Friday. 

Pubs like the British and the prospect are much quieter. They re not reading the market. 

• Like 1