More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

Anybody got any idea of what this Karel Ver Elst guy is doing with his petition? Hope all those people that have signed it in good faith are not going to be let down by him. He says he wants to stand for Council, well if he can’t be arsed presenting this petition, what will he do at election time? Mind you, having just reflected on that myself, he’d probably get elected…

A804723A-BC30-4ABB-A723-268AAF88BEA0.png

Well, DBC have come up trumps for me again on bins.

We had 2 x 240 litre bins before the change, emptied weekly.

Dropping down to one 240 litre bin every two weeks was difficult.

I made contact and was asked to try a 360 litre bin, which I have duly done.

I can’t take a 360 litre bin to the end of the drive nor collect it. It wasn’t being collected or emptied

E-Mail to DBC yesterday. Phone call today, 360 litre bin will be removed and replaced with 2 red top 240 litre bins. The red tops alert the staff to collect from by the door and replace there.

All contact in November and March has been pleasant and efficient.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It may well be ignored but unless Mr Elst does something with it nothing will ever happen. DBC have asked him what he wants to do, looking at FB but he looks like he’s floundering to me. Not fair at all for those who have signed the petition. 

19 hours ago, John Wright said:

I can’t take a 360 litre bin to the end of the drive nor collect it. It wasn’t being collected or emptied

E-Mail to DBC yesterday. Phone call today, 360 litre bin will be removed and replaced with 2 red top 240 litre bins. The red tops alert the staff to collect from by the door and replace there.

Sorry John but you're in the wrong thread. This is the slag off the corpy thread. You want the praise the corpy thread*

*you may need to start one😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2022 at 11:47 AM, Raffles said:

Finlo, not sure how you have not noticed, but the sun is still in the sky during the winter. Solar still provides energy in the winter for this reason.

Average 2 bedroom house requires 10,000 kWh per year for heating. Solar cells provide an average of 0.5kWh per m2 in the northern UK. So 10,000/0.5 = 20,000 m2 per house for heating let alone hot water.

Solar gain in winter drops to 1/7th of summer gains.  

Unless you have an alternative to the alterntaive energy supply, it's either it's going to be very cold in your home if you rely on solar for heating, which is by far the biggest use of domestic energy. At the end of the day none of this technology is viable reepalcement in the Northern Hemisphere for fossil fuels. At best it's a virtue signalling badge for the wealthy. 

how solar energy varies through the year

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 6:04 PM, John Wright said:

The red top bins are meant for blind people, not disabled.

You are likely getting this service because of your profile I would wager.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 6:04 PM, John Wright said:

7 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

It’s for elderly and disabled. Says so on the form. That includes visually impaired.

I didn’t say who I was.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

A quick google shows that they are for those who "are unable to put your bin out on the pavement for collection", with "elderly" and "disabled" being given as options to tick.  John certainly meets one of those criteria.  This has been the situation since at least 2004.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

A quick google shows that they are for those who "are unable to put your bin out on the pavement for collection", with "elderly" and "disabled" being given as options to tick.  John certainly meets one of those criteria.  This has been the situation since at least 2004.

Of course, I had two ordinary 240 litre bins. I can just manage those. That’s what I wanted to keep.

But, according to the DBC assessors, in late 2022, I couldn’t keep two 240 litre bins, had to have a 360 litre.

Explained when they were doing the assessment I didn’t think I’d be able to move 360 l bins, and the assessing officers admitted they didn’t have red lids for 360 litres, but instructions would be given that it be collected from,  and returned to, next to the door.

That didn’t happen. So I’ve now got 2 x 240 litre red top bins. I’m sort of back where I started.

But the Corpie have been pleasant and prompt ( if illogical ) in all my dealings.

I can’t imagine they have a John Wright file, or rotadex entry  marked trouble maker/litigious bastard, for me. I know my Nobles file has markers for DNR ( if that’s relevant ).

I did wonder to volunteer to go to B&Q for a spray can of red paint.

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Any building control updates yet?

Unlikely but anyone from government trying to swipe someones car should apparently be sacked on the spot. It’s an odd take on public sector morality and approach to crime and punishment. 

• Thanks 1