More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

17 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

A quick google shows that they are for those who "are unable to put your bin out on the pavement for collection", with "elderly" and "disabled" being given as options to tick.  John certainly meets one of those criteria.  This has been the situation since at least 2004.

That is at odds with what DBC told me in the late 2000's

They said, the red top meant the bin men had to place the bin back to where it had been left by the blind resident, accurately so the resident could find it easily when they went to retrieve it. This was also backed up by a totally blind friend who lived in Douglas.

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

That is at odds with what DBC told me in the late 2000's

They said, the red top meant the bin men had to place the bin back to where it had been left by the blind resident, accurately so the resident could find it easily when they went to retrieve it. This was also backed up by a totally blind friend who lived in Douglas.

It’s the same thing. It’s so the guys doing the rounds with the wagon know:

1. To collect the bin if it’s not at end of drive by kerb, and,

2. put it back where they found it.

It works for different disabilities, visual, physical.

What you describe is what it meant for that specific  person with their specific requirements.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John Wright said:

I did wonder to volunteer to go to B&Q for a spray can of red paint.

Jesus no. Remember the guy who did some painting using his own initiative. Amadeus would set the rottweilers on you.

13 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Jesus no. Remember the guy who did some painting using his own initiative. Amadeus would set the rottweilers on you.

Opposite the Terrace chippy? Threatened to have him thrown in jail if he was to dare paint some rusty old bollards.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

It’s shocking that they seem to have a local councilor who spends most of his time on Twitter slagging off private developers and landlords when you see the state of their own stock. Shocking. 

a lot of that looks like lack of suitable ventilation

24 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

It still looks absolutely horrendous whatever the cause.

I agree but if the tenant won't open their windows from time to time then you can't really complain about damp. Now if it's a case that they can't open their windows then that's a different story

8 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I agree but if the tenant won't open their windows from time to time then you can't really complain about damp. Now if it's a case that they can't open their windows then that's a different story

So you're an expert on property maintenance and damp now, and you've thoroughly surveyed the flat to find out the cause ? You should have mentioned that before.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

So you're an expert on property maintenance and damp now, and you've thoroughly surveyed the flat to find out the cause ? You should have mentioned that before.

And you’ve already done the survey and are an expert in the opposite of what you’re accusing him to be an expert in? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Try reading what I wrote again. If that's not possible then get an adult to read it to you...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

it's not damp though, it's condensation ,   lots of houses had air in and air out through a chimney ,  they have blocked off chimneys , fitted double glazed units and there is no airflow through buildings like there used to be.  so you get condensation and mould .

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Try reading what I wrote again. If that's not possible then get an adult to read it to you...

I read it, it was tedious, and blamed the flat owner despite you not actually knowing what had caused the damp or what challenges he had (he mentioned some in the interview) that might be affecting his ability to do maintenance. That's not being an adult, that's being an asshole.

• Like 1