More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Naadu.  Went at the weekend.  Tasted good, but was a bit weird. Slightly odd mix of posh restaurant and Indian. 

Naadu is just Tandoor, transferred from Market Hill. There’s a Thai restaurant, Full Moon 626 opened in the Market Hill premises. I see Mrs Yang has now expanded into the old Indian restaurant premises next door, that were part of Hooded Ram.

Who/what is operating the restaurant at Seven Kingdoms now that the pan Asian Bonzai place has taken over the food at Sir Normans?

For as long as I can remember there has been a regular, and fairly fast, turnover of restaurants. A few stand the March of time. Most don’t last very long. I think we have more, and greater variety, now, than ever before.

43 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Naadu is just Tandoor, transferred from Market Hill. There’s a Thai restaurant, Full Moon 626 opened in the Market Hill premises. I see Mrs Yang has now expanded into the old Indian restaurant premises next door, that were part of Hooded Ram.

Who/what is operating the restaurant at Seven Kingdoms now that the pan Asian Bonzai place has taken over the food at Sir Normans?

For as long as I can remember there has been a regular, and fairly fast, turnover of restaurants. A few stand the March of time. Most don’t last very long. I think we have more, and greater variety, now, than ever before.

Not sure if you have this right

Naadu is the former owners of Tandoor but with the promise of new chefs and a whole new menu. New prices to boot! Not tried it yet. Rewind 5 years Tandoor was good. Rewind 6 months it was crap. Maybe a fresh start

I thought the Bonzai was in the old Sefton restaurant (that was Harbour lights) which is different to Sr Normans (could be wrong )

Curries and Steaks are now at seven kingdoms. So So

The full moon is indeed in the old Tandoor unit. Its kind of OK. Bring your own. Wife thought it was cold and unwelcoming (the room not the food) which basically means we won't be going back unless we get a heatwave

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Naadu is the former owners of Tandoor but with the promise of new chefs and a whole new menu. New prices to boot! Not tried it yet. Rewind 5 years Tandoor was good. Rewind 6 months it was crap. Maybe a fresh start

I thought the Bonzai was in the old Sefton restaurant (that was Harbour lights) which is different to Sr Normans (could be wrong )

The full moon is indeed in the old Tandoor unit. Its kind of OK. Bring your own. Wife thought it was cold and unwelcoming (the room not the food) which basically means we won't be going back unless we get a heatwave

You may be right. I can’t keep up.

Yes, now I recall seeing that C&S were  at Seven Kingdoms. I can’t go. No lift. I can crawl up stairs sober, but coming down after  a drink could be fatal.

Went to Orange Indya recently. Underwhelmed. 

But it does illustrate the merry go round. Sure there’ll be casualties due to recession and lack of resilience due to covid, or bad management, or poor food. But new places will open.

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Food was good once you'd deciphered what it was.  If you're looking for an Indian with the usual curry suspects on the menu, then this isn't the place.  I also ended up with some (what I think was) olive chutney.  I like olives, I like chutney, but this was an aberration.   

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes, now I recall seeing that C&S were  at Seven Kingdoms. I can’t go. No lift. I can crawl up stairs sober, but coming down after  a drink could be fatal.

But it does illustrate the merry go round. Sure there’ll be casualties due to recession and lack of resilience due to covid, or bad management, or poor food. But new places will open.

HaHa. I know what you mean

Yeah. Orange Indya. Nice people but food mediocre. The starters were good but the mains were soon forgettable

Have you tried Flavours on Broadway? The access is not great there though I guess. There are some steps down. I think you can get round the back and onto the first floor but you would have to ask.

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

HaHa. I know what you mean

Yeah. Orange Indya. Nice people but food mediocre. The starters were good but the mains were soon forgettable

Have you tried Flavours on Broadway? The access is not great there though I guess. There are some steps down. I think you can get round the back and onto the first floor but you would have to ask.

Mains ok at OI but the worst onion bhaji I’ve ever been served. The lamb chop starter was epic.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

i thought you could eat downstairs at 7 kingdoms ??? unless the bathrooms are upstairs which makes it a no go for you?

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

i thought the Bonzai was in the old Sefton restaurant (that was Harbour lights) which is different to Sr Normans (could be wrong )

Yes Bonzai is now in the old Harbour Lights part of the Sefton. It’s pretty good. I’m not sure the replacement for Sir Normans is open yet. Hopefully they do it right this time though rather than basing a themed bar and restaurant on a hasbeen star of largely unfunny 1950s films. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes Bonzai is now in the old Harbour Lights part of the Sefton. It’s pretty good. I’m not sure the replacement for Sir Normans is open yet. Hopefully they do it right this time though rather than basing a themed bar and restaurant on a hasbeen star of largely unfunny 1950s films. 

I think Sir Norman's is run by Bonzai.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, Happier diner said:

On 11/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, John Wright said:

23 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

23 hours ago, Gladys said:

I think Sir Norman's is run by Bonzai.

22 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The Asian restaurant is in the other side though where Harbour Lights was. 

Bonzai Pan Asian is doing the food in both Sir Norman’s and old Harbour Lights, both at the Sefton. And Sir Norman’s is open.

So, I didn’t need to doubt myself. I was correct.

Perhaps the reopening of Sir Norman’s explains the influx of Albanians?

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Sir Norman’s is open and serving food. There are even photos further up the thread.  Keep up 😜