More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 hours ago, FANDL said:

it’s easy to see how a pocket of ratepayers might feel aggrieved. 

I wonder if any of them will stand for DBC at the next election, perhaps on a “bins” ticket?   You know, clear out the fascists/Stalinists (delete as appropriate), restore local democracy and restore weekly rubbish collections?   Otherwise, it seems like outrage as a hobby…

2 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

I wonder if any of them will stand for DBC at the next election, perhaps on a “bins” ticket?   You know, clear out the fascists/Stalinists (delete as appropriate), restore local democracy and restore weekly rubbish collections?   Otherwise, it seems like outrage as a hobby…

I'll bring along the popcorn...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

That’s precisely the point, though - what guarantee is there that the petition was completed only by DBC ratepayers, expressing what they wanted or expected?   What guarantee is there that the entire 1700 signatures didn’t come from outside the DBC rateable area, ie, from people completely unaffected by the bin collection changes?   What guarantee is there that the petition was representative of DBC ratepayers in any way?

Likewise who is to say the all the Savest Mark Elm signatories were really from the IOM or the UK or earth? Could also ask why anyone not affected by DBC bin edict would bother to sign a petition? 

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Likewise who is to say the all the Savest Mark Elm signatories were really from the IOM or the UK or earth? Could also ask why anyone not affected by DBC bin edict would bother to sign a petition? 

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Except DBC are mandated by and provide their services to their ratepayers.  The trees are for us all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, piebaps said:

Everyone ignores online petitions. They're the easy answer for those who want to whine but aren't prepared to do anything constructive. You set up a petition. So fecking what.

To make changes you need to stand up and be elected (whether by direct votes or direct apathy). The common thing about the bin-whingers is that none of them seem to be prepared to stand up and be counted.

Exactly, plus if I’d signed the petition which I was led to believe by the creator of this would be presented to the dbc, and now they’re not doing so I’d be thinking two things. 1. I’d be a bit pissed off with that creator. 2. They’re purely out to wip up trouble without having any genuine intention of meeting with the council. I mean he could do it, he just needs to ensure that he’s within the correct process to do it. It doesn’t need a big song and dance being made about it, just do it properly instead of hiding behind false facts. Douglas may not appear the most communicative but that’s no reason for people with genuine concern to not engage…

19 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Exactly, plus if I’d signed the petition which I was led to believe by the creator of this would be presented to the dbc, and now they’re not doing so I’d be thinking two things.

This forum is quite interesting. Why would anyone present a petition that they have already said is not in an acceptable format for them to consider it? Presumably that would be a waste of time despite a councilor himself signing change.org petitions himself previously expecting them to be taken seriously. Secondly the number of emails sent into the blog site on this alone have been interesting. Have really tried to keep out of this as a lot of it sounded like the usual conspiracy stuff at first. But the way these arguments boomerang here it does leave an overriding perception that this forum is basically manned by DBC staff.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

No: you really haven’t…

On the contrary that is true as opposed to national politics local politics is 100% toxic and nasty and full of the most awful people imaginable. However it’s building up quite an intriguing profile of an authority that appears to be out of control in the way it manages its relationships with its ratepayers and the way it uses social media. Which makes it relatively compelling to follow. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

No, they literally don’t (unless you’re thinking of the “tree” version of a parasitic twin).

Where do tree seeds come from then? Grass decides it's had enough and wants something more from life?

Or is there a factory somewhere that makes them? Trees literally grow on trees in the same way humans grown inside other humans.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1