More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

"If the council thinks that individuals who are not residents of Douglas would take the time and make the effort to go through the process of signing this petition, then the the Council’s judgement and grasp of the situation is, perhaps, even worse than we thought."

Why? Is it an unusually difficult petition to sign?

No: if we are expected to believe that the petitioner and supporters stopped drumming up support at the Douglas border, then the petitioner's judgement of our grasp of the situation is poor, at best.   Also, consider those residents elsewhere who would just sign it for the mischief (referred to as "shits & giggles" elsewhere...)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Satan666 said:

You may be right but how do you know?

The general level of paranoia and conspiracy runs deep on this forum doesn’t it? Perhaps you should check we don’t have an active cell inside City Hall? People rummaging through Ms Wells’ bins looking for evidence. Secret reports being leaked 😉

3 hours ago, FANDL said:

The general level of paranoia and conspiracy runs deep on this forum doesn’t it? Perhaps you should check we don’t have an active cell inside City Hall? People rummaging through Ms Wells’ bins looking for evidence. Secret reports being leaked 😉

So I don’t see what’s wrong with what dbc are asking as it concerns only Douglas residents. Therefore Karel ver Elst needs to check that the signatures he has are just from Douglas residents. That seems completely logical. So then what they’re saying is once all signatures are verfied, which would be checked against their data from rates and which mitigates any GDPR rules, their officers would present this to Councillors for consideration? Seems reasonable surely? Why hide behind the GDPR line? He wouldn’t be breaking any GDPR rules so he just needs to get on with it. Genuine residents who’ve signed it will be pissed with him if he doesn’t!!

3 hours ago, FANDL said:

I ask you again about your statement “Toxic town hall”. How do you know? 
as I say you may be right but unless I had actual contact with anyone face to face, I couldn’t form an opinion about them just from hear say.

7 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

Karel Ver Elst

I am concerned about the GDPR implications of disclosing the personal details of individual petitioners and have taken legal advice in this regar

Given the unpopularity of the current council and its hostile and arrogant stance towards its residents, I have no doubt that this issue will therefore be resolved in due course

Moreover, as this is an online petition that remains relevant for as long as the Council persists with its policy of fortnightly bin collections, there seems to be no reason to draw a line under this petition at any particular point in time.

For these reasons, I will not be disclosing the personal particulars of individual petitioners to the council or anyone else, nor will I bring the petition to a close until the council has resumed normal waste collection service

The Council may ignore this petition at its own peril.

Just re read this. Karel ver Elst is ensuring that the council cannot act on the petition. They’re clearly not ignoring it if they’ve asked him to submit this? So they’re not ignoring at their peril are they? There is nothing else they can do with this so far.

This guy seems odd.

Wako, Texas springs to mind!😝

On 3/24/2023 at 6:08 PM, Satan666 said:

I see his FB post is leading people astray again. GDPR issues? Surely the council holds details anyway of all ratepayers? No issue there I would think. Maybe what the council are saying is that they have to make sure that it’s been signed by residents of Douglas, not someone from Korea for example . Sounds okay unless I’m missing something? 

Why shouldn't Juan Kim be signing the petition?

1 hour ago, Satan666 said:

I ask you again about your statement “Toxic town hall”. How do you know? 
as I say you may be right but unless I had actual contact with anyone face to face, I couldn’t form an opinion about them just from hear say.

This clearly isn’t a serous forum for debate. And you clearly are not a serious actor. The interesting thing is that the emails initially received seemed to suggest a vast DBC conspiracy on removals from this forum whereas really account holders like yourself seem to be just confused junior actors frightened about being challenged. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

This clearly isn’t a serous forum for debate. And you clearly are not a serious actor. The interesting thing is that the emails initially received seemed to suggest a vast DBC conspiracy on removals from this forum whereas really account holders like yourself seem to be just confused junior actors frightened about being challenged. 

You’re not a serious journalist so it all fits together rather well. 

The fact that some people really think there’s some big conspiracy behind any of this still amuses and bewilders me. Some people need to get out more. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

The interesting thing is that the emails initially received seemed to suggest a vast DBC conspiracy on removals from this forum

That IS interesting: it clearly suggests that the senders of those emails believed that such a conspiracy really existed (or still exists).   Since you no longer believe that to be the case, might you concede that those email writers might actually be deluded conspiracy theorists?   I wonder who they were…

eta: …unless, of course, you think they were just cynical mischief makers?

Edited by Jarndyce
eta:

7 hours ago, FANDL said:

Rather than try to divert from the questions being raised here, Ive not heard any sound reason so far why you haven’t submitted the petition. 
You’ve also not stated your experience of direct, maybe face to face interaction with the council, from which to base your opinion on.

Maybe you don’t understand what’s being asked of you, or are a politician in the making by not answering the question?

20 hours ago, Banker said:

Sounds a good Manx name!! Anyone checked if they are a resident?........

Karel most definitely is a resident and bringing great credit and publicity to the island. He also has a law degree.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hotel-owner-chuffed-at-national-geographic-mention/

Also:

https://experiencedtraveller.com/journal/2022-01-25-hotel-halvard-outstanding-hotel-on-the-isle-of-man

Edited by Cassie2