More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You’re not a serious journalist so it all fits together rather well. 

The fact that some people really think there’s some big conspiracy behind any of this still amuses and bewilders me. Some people need to get out more. 

You appear at last. 

1 hour ago, Satan666 said:

Rather than try to divert from the questions being raised here, Ive not heard any sound reason so far why you haven’t submitted the petition. 

Assuming you can read (?) again a very long post has been made above explaining the blog has absolutely zero connection with the protestors, the petition, the Facebook page or any of the people protesting against DBC. You understand that? Yes? Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Assuming you can read (?) again a very long post has been made above explaining the blog has absolutely zero connection with the protestors, the petition, the Facebook page or any of the people protesting against DBC. You understand that? Yes? Thank you. 

Another new contributor carrying on the attacks after some of the previous gang have vanished, just a coincidence 😂

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

That seems a bit juvenile from an individual presenting as a serious journalist.

Also - interesting that you expect your explanation regarding your blog (“absolutely zero connection with the protestors, the petition, the Facebook page or any of the people protesting against DBC”) to be accepted without question - is this because you’re a serious journalist?   Or because it’s a very long post?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FANDL said:

Thanks dad, yes I understand that. You appear not to understand holding information from a council and then accusing them of not acting upon it.

Just now, Satan666 said:

Thanks dad, yes I understand that. You appear not to understand holding information from a council and then accusing them of not acting upon it.

I wonder how much of tax & rate payers money is wasted by journalists submitting FOI’s just to get a story?

maybe someone should submit an FOI to both government and councils asking this. 

53 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

interesting that you expect your explanation regarding your blog (“absolutely zero connection with the protestors, the petition, the Facebook page or any of the people protesting against DBC”) to be accepted without question

Well yes as there seems to be enough detached from reality conspiracies on this platform already. If you aren’t prepared to accept an honest statement of fact in reply to wrong facts posted then you’re just entering into the territory of trolling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Well yes as there seems to be enough detached from reality conspiracies on this platform already. If you aren’t prepared to accept an honest statement of fact in reply to wrong facts posted then you’re just entering into the territory of trolling.

Well, no - just reluctant to accept a statement like that at face value, from a contributor who appears to have picked a side and seems to have an agenda.   As for trolling - I’m no more a troll than you are…you lost my respect (not that you need it!) when you moved from journalistic rigour to personal insults.

if the excuse for not having decent street lighting  on Douglas prom  was a possible hazard to navigation  or problems with marine rescue , how would you account for this  extravaganza , and don't forget  the sewerage gas being released from the Iris storage tanks under the prom  is highly volatile and could  in certain circumstances  explode , don't you think the Corpy waste enough money , I would be happy with a weekly bin collection 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I’m gonna make this an item for future report when I’m back. 

It's not ostentatious enough for our city's promenade, and you know it.

It could be constructed for under £100m, which just won't do.

You need to up your game Councillor.  

• Haha 3