More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

On 3/24/2023 at 7:37 PM, FANDL said:

it should be clarified that nobody linked to the F&L blog has any intention of becoming involved in local politics

That seems a rather grandiose and almost delusional way of saying that you are not standing. 

9 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

That seems a bit juvenile from an individual presenting as a serious journalist.

And cosplaying as a whole imaginary semi secret organisation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I’m gonna make this an item for future report when I’m back. 

After careful consideration I am willing to carry out this work and wish to submit a tender of £5000.

That should be enough for me to buy all the led lights and lighter fluid from DEALZ.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Haha 2

Just now, Roxanne said:

After careful consideration I am willing to carry out this work and wish to submit a tender of £5000.

That should be enough for me to buy all the led lights and lighter fluid from DEALZ.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Where are you going to source the batteries, Rox? (Happy to chip in a Dealz bag for life.) 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Where are you going to source the batteries, Rox? (Happy to chip in a Dealz bag for life.) 

Ha!  Funny you should ask that. I've been buying extra batteries from DEALZ to to put on my new WtSHtF shelf in my cupboard. There's nothing else on the shelf yet but I thought it was time I made some inroads into becoming. bit of a prepper.

I thought that if the world was going to end then at least I'd be able to go out in a blaze of fairy lights - but I dot mind using them for this display.

So, batteries are NOT a problem.

See? I've thought of everything.

Just waiting for Amadeus to get back to me now...

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Ha!  Funny you should ask that. I've been buying extra batteries from DEALZ to to put on my new WtSHtF shelf in my cupboard. There's nothing else on the shelf yet but I thought it was time I made some inroads into becoming. bit of a prepper.

I thought that if the world was going to end then at least I'd be able to go out in a blaze of fairy lights - but I dot mind using them for this display.

So, batteries are NOT a problem.

See? I've thought of everything.

Just waiting for Amadeus to get back to me now...

Offer of bag for life stands.  You can have kittens, licorice allsorts or flowers.  Up to you. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mysteron said:

It's not ostentatious enough for our city's promenade, and you know it.

It could be constructed for under £100m, which just won't do.

You need to up your game Councillor.  

Fine, I know a few people at Okada. I’ll stop by there later and ask where they bought theirs. We’ll stick it where summerland was. Might have to demolish part of Onchan to fit it in but that’s a price I’m willing to pay. 

DT: "Under new UK recycling plans due to be made public within a fortnight, councils will be under a duty to collect food waste weekly, as well as offer a basic free service to take away garden waste."

By Robert Mendick, CHIEF REPORTER 26 March 2023 • 9:20pm

Households could need as many as seven bins to comply with new national waste-collection plans being drawn up by the Government.

Under new recycling plans due to be made public within a fortnight, councils will be under a duty to collect food waste weekly, as well as offer a basic free service to take away garden waste. 

Local authorities are also required to collect separately glass, paper and cardboard, metal and plastic for recycling, as well as general rubbish. In theory, households could end up needing seven bins in total.

The Government was at pains to say there would be no legal requirement for that to happen and in any event was highly unlikely. 

But under the new rules, it is expected councils will need to provide a written assessment to allow them to remove “two or more of the recyclable waste streams together”. 

Get-out clause for councils

Local authorities would have to show it was either “not technically or economically practicable” to collect the different types of recycling separately – or that “there is no significant environmental benefit in doing so”.

The get-out clause would allow councils to collect the recycled waste – such as glass, paper and metal – from one bin and then separate the waste at a central depot....."

6 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

DT: "Under new UK recycling plans due to be made public within a fortnight, councils will be under a duty to collect food waste weekly, as well as offer a basic free service to take away garden waste."

Delirium Tremens?

Edited by Jarndyce
Extra highlighting, for clarity
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:
1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Delirium Tremens?

No. Facts. 100% real facts.

Pure and Simple.

Except maybe to you

Just a play on the DT at the start of your article - bit of a sense of humour failure in your response, I think…in future, I’ll add a little smiley face, so you know not to go off the deep end.   Like this: 😉

Edited by Jarndyce
Added a bit