More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Bit of a theme on this thread, lots of VERY serious people taking themselves VERY seriously…

I can soon change that.

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I know Germans aren't supposed to have a sense of humour, but it's just possible that Amadeus may not have been being entirely serious.

According to my German friends there is, in fact, only one German joke. This is it:

"I must be allergic to leather.

"Every time I wake up with my shoes on I have a headache..."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Is this not the responsibility of DBC?  As an Onchan lass I would expect this kind of thing to be covered by my rates.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/the-great-british-spring-clean-in-capital-today/

They should be getting all the prisoners out doing the cleaning up & for those considered a flight risk put them in chains!!!

On 3/27/2023 at 7:30 PM, John Wright said:

I’ve been very relaxed and even supportive about the bins. I was aware. I replied to the consultation, or whatever it was, I knew what was going to happen, and when. The pre publicity didn’t pass me by.

DBC responded to my request for a review of my needs and suggested and delivered my 2 x 240 litre bins and gave me a 360 litre one, which they promised would be collected from, and replaced near the door. It wasn’t. I can’t physically manhandle it.

They then promised, 4 weeks ago, to replace the 360 litre bin with 2 x 240 litre bins with red tops.

Have they been to swap? No. Will my bin be collected and emptied tomorrow?

Why don’t they have red lids for 360 litre bins?

Im getting to the end of my tolerance for DBC incompetence.

Will you sign the petition now 🤣

37 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Will you sign the petition now 🤣

No. Waste of time. Don’t want to be associated with the irrational angries & haters. 

I’m happy with collections every two weeks. As long as I have the correct bins, and they’re actually collected.

On that front DBC still don’t have any 240 litre bins to hand out, and my big bin wasn’t collected on Wednesday, again.

Think I’ll go up to B&Q and get the raw materials for criminal damage.

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

A pot of red paint?

Or a spray can. There have been 4 bin rounds scheduled since I got home. I managed to drag the bin to the pavement a fortnight ago. The others have been missed.

Tempted to take the full bin liners out, put in car and leave outside the City Hall doors in Ridgeway Street. It’s what the French would do.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Tempted to take the full bin liners out, put in car and leave outside the City Hall doors in Ridgeway Street. It’s what the French would do.

Might be better (and easier) to drop it outside Frank or Claire's house under cover of darkness. Less CCTV.

On the down side, if anyone else does this now, you'll get the blame for it 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Might be better (and easier) to drop it outside Frank or Claire's house under cover of darkness. Less CCTV.

On the down side, if anyone else does this now, you'll get the blame for it 😉

Except it’s not Frank, Claire, Devon, or anyone else who is a councillor, that’s the cause of this. It’s local government officers  who have no understanding of how to deliver a public service to its customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2