More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

36 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

But with a reasonably good grasp of alliteration though. I just read it and thought it was funny. Which sort of proves the point i made in the other thread. 

Rubbish grasp of whether councilors are paid or not though.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can't see one example of alliteration in it. Do point it out?

Only one of us seems to have a sense of humour. Sorry for trying to lighten the mood. There is clear alliteration in there if you look. But it’s a perfect example of what I said in the other thread, 90% of people will probably just have a laugh at that or ignore it and move on and 10% of people looking for something will get totally bent out of shape at it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Only one of us seems to have a sense of humour. Sorry for trying to lighten the mood. There is clear alliteration in there if you look. But it’s a perfect example of what I said in the other thread, 90% of people will probably just have a laugh at that or ignore it and move on and 10% of people looking for something will get totally bent out of shape at it. 

Not allowed to have a laugh anymore, everything is offensive to someone somewhere and if they aren't offended by it by heck people will be offended on their behalf

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Not allowed to have a laugh anymore, everything is offensive to someone somewhere and if they aren't offended by it by heck people will be offended on their behalf

Politicians and egos. I understand the whole Cueball thing ended up with the Clerk of Tynwald in the end with some claimed to be aggrieved party making entirely false allegations about people totally unconnected to it because they didn’t like what was a clearly satirical parody of their own behaviour. I can’t see much different here. Making a light joke about German folks alleged penchant for annexing things, or a Councillor being a bit small and shouty certainly isn’t grounds for calling the cops (if I read the other thread correctly). 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

That's absolute nonsense thommo. 

• Like 2

Yes, it's funny as it stands, until you consider the back story.

I get the humour side of it (but I still can't find the alliteration and would love for you to point it out)so I can join in on that particular joke), however, it's extremely likely that the person impersonating people on IOM Today and elsewhere is all the person who has been on here under the guise of many names. This person impersonated Amadeus, using his name, to communicate with media outlets that MF was closing down so he could concentrate on standing for MHK - and more. 

That is when the joke stops. 

On here he has gleaned personal information about other posters and posted it up as a passive aggressive 'joke'.

That is also when the joke stops.

This has got nothing to do with whether you get the joke or not or whether you're allowed to laugh at something or not. It's more than that and Im wondering why you can't, or won't, see it.

Edited by Roxanne
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I get the humour side of it (but I still can't find the alliteration and would love for you to point it out)so I can join in on that particular joke), however, it's extremely likely that the person impersonating people on IOM Today and elsewhere is all the person who has been on here under the guise of many names.

I’m glad I’ve kept my sense of humour the more woke the world is getting the less fun it is proving to be. Good luck with chasing internet ghosts that likely only exist in your own head. An MHK did that a while back as I said and ended up making a bit of an arse of himself in front of the Clerk when absolutely none of his totally unfounded allegations regarding people he claimed had written a parody blog as some sort of vendetta against him was shown to be true. It was all a fantasy fabrication brought on by ego and people on social media with too much time on their hands. 

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Yes I got mine with the two added together plus the Road Tax and leccy just about wipes out the increase on the pension and that is not taking the food into account. Happy Days 🙄.

That’s the government’s master plan. 
Give with one hand and take with the other. Plus a bit more. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Yes I got mine with the two added together plus the Road Tax and leccy just about wipes out the increase on the pension and that is not taking the food into account. Happy Days 🙄.

Just about!!!! It more than feckin wipes out the increase

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forestboy said:

That’s the government’s master plan. 
Give with one hand and take with the other. Plus a bit more. 

And remember where it's going. That's the important part.

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

And remember where it's going. That's the important part.

Into the pockets of those who got us in this mess (politicians come and go but the senior faceless mandarins presided over it all). Every time I hear the likes of Thomas, Cannan and Allinson 'sympathise' with the cost of living crisis I am reminded of the classic line from The Outlaw Josey Wales.

• Like 1