More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

13 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Just about!!!! It more than feckin wipes out the increase

Of course it does, if the increase in pension paid for your rates and electricity it'd just mean the rest of us were paying them for you! The important question is whether people are better or worse off than last year, not whether the increase in pension covers the entire bill...

16 minutes ago, FANDL said:
On 4/7/2023 at 12:15 PM, NoTailT said:

Any update on the corruption allegations?

Reliably informed that this is now with the police to investigate. 

How reliable?   I mean, that can’t be right - commentators on here have suggested a cover-up bigger than Watergate.   Bit embarrassing for them, if it’s actually with the police to investigate…

6 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

How reliable?   I mean, that can’t be right - commentators on here have suggested a cover-up bigger than Watergate.   Bit embarrassing for them, if it’s actually with the police to investigate…

Not interested in any of the politics of this forum. Just making a factual statement from a very reliable source that it’s now with the police. Presumably it should have been with the police well before now. 

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

Reliably informed that this is now with the police to investigate. 

42 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

33 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Not interested in any of the politics of this forum. Just making a factual statement from a very reliable source that it’s now with the police. Presumably it should have been with the police well before now. 

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

Maybe it has.

I’m informed, by a source I trust implicitly, that DBC never actually referred the Claire Wells fake e-mails to the Office of Cyber Security

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, FANDL said:

a factual statement from a very reliable source

14 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I’m informed, by a source I trust implicitly

I’m always a bit wary about sources, with no facts to back it up.  I have a reliable source, whom I trust implicitly, who tells me that the Russians have invaded Speedy’s Meadow…

On 4/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, Roxanne said:

I can't see one example of alliteration in it. Do point it out?

However, the author does often use a twisted sentence structure to contort it towards a tortuous rhyme  and maintain the tum-ti-tum metre. So it's poetry, innit. 

27 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I’m always a bit wary about sources, with no facts to back it up.  I have a reliable source, whom I trust implicitly, who tells me that the Russians have invaded Speedy’s Meadow…

Yes because so many facts made on this forum are backed up with evidence aren’t they?  It will be interesting to see if the police investigation yields anything. As stated that is from a reliable source very close to this situation. You may choose to ignore that if you like but it is believed to be completely correct. 

whats going on at the city hall  no money to reinstate the weekly domestic waste collection , but all of a sudden we can afford a swimming raft to be anchored off Douglas beach   all I ever see swimming is the 2 mature ladies who go into the sea  opposite the band stand on Queens prom  does anyone know who has called for this raft , never had one before in my lifetime , 

and we made a special journey to pay the rates today and guess what the city hall payments desk  opens at 11 am and closed again at 2-30 pm , no wonder people are behind in paying their rent ,  and why could I not opt to pay my rates  in any post office instead of dragging  into Douglas and to find  the services are only available part time ,