More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

11 minutes ago, BriT said:
15 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Pitts and Skinner are at least proving that they listen to what actual Douglas people want in amongst all the other wokes, eco knobs and other bandwagon jumpers who are basically just in it for themselves. 

Well at least it didn’t take you long to get trolled by a Douglas Councillor for expressing that view. I think they’re hoping it will all go away if they keep on closing the forum down to any possible adverse comment 😂

That’s odd: the forum hasn’t been closed down…🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

That’s odd: the forum hasn’t been closed down…🤣🤣🤣

It seems to have been closed to new members for quite some time from what I can see and the post counts and interactions seem to have gone down substantially as a result. It simply looks like an attempt to stifle debate on certain subjects which seems rather odd. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

It simply looks like an attempt to stifle debate on certain subjects which seems rather odd

I wonder how the gatekeepers/“powers that be” know which of the aspiring new members would want to debate “certain subjects”, as you coyly mentioned?   How would they know which ones to block (assuming your theory is correct)?   Seems rather odd…

Just now, Jarndyce said:

I wonder how the gatekeepers/“powers that be” know which of the aspiring new members would want to debate “certain subjects”, as you coyly mentioned?   How would they know which ones to block (assuming your theory is correct)?   Seems rather odd…

All new members are blocked. I was talking to someone in the pub a few weeks ago and suggested they register here as they wanted to discuss something they weren’t happy about. They tried and apparently you can’t. All new registrations are being blocked on this site for some reason. Sounds like some people here want to control the debate. Why would anyone only want existing members to debate stuff. Sounds like it’s now a friends of the mods only arrangement. 

23 minutes ago, BriT said:

All new members are blocked. I was talking to someone in the pub a few weeks ago and suggested they register here as they wanted to discuss something they weren’t happy about. They tried and apparently you can’t. All new registrations are being blocked on this site for some reason. Sounds like some people here want to control the debate. Why would anyone only want existing members to debate stuff. Sounds like it’s now a friends of the mods only arrangement. 

That reason is that someone kept registering accounts to get around bans and I don’t have time to play babysitter or manage someone’s mental malfunctions. Might switch it back on again with manual approval. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

That reason is that someone kept registering accounts to get around bans and I don’t have time to play babysitter or manage someone’s mental malfunctions. Might switch it back on again with manual approval. 

That’s still joke really if you’re going to be that sad that you have to filter the content or the posters you want to see up here. That’s just picking and choosing what you want to see which is worse than what Elon Musk is doing to Twitter. It’s good to know though that this forum isn’t a platform for free debate and that now you’re even deciding who can participate and comment. It sounds worst than IOMG. 

• Like 1

Just now, BriT said:

That’s still joke really if you’re going to be that sad that you have to filter the content or the posters you want to see up here. That’s just picking and choosing what you want to see which is worse than what Elon Musk is doing to Twitter. It’s good to know though that this forum isn’t a platform for free debate and that now you’re even deciding who can participate and comment. It sounds worst than IOMG. 

I’d argue the sad part is an adult continuing to register accounts so he can spew abuse at people, but what do I know? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

I’d argue the sad part is an adult continuing to register accounts so he can spew abuse at people, but what do I know? 

I’d say the sad part is that this forum seems to have mods who can’t accept any degree of personal criticism at all. I haven’t seen much spewing or abuse to be fair just criticism of DBC and some of its policies. But I’d better be a good boy too and not go down that path as if you ban me too I won’t be able to register again on your closed family & friends forum as it’s you who clearly dictates what is allowed to be said here as primary editor in chief. I can’t see that’s a comfortable position for you or the forum to be in legally what with all the other abuse you allow to be posted about other people by accounts you clearly vet before allowing them a platform to post that abuse. If I was Rob C in particular I’d have already fired a few letters across your desk as editor and controller of this platform. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BriT said:

I’d say the sad part is that this forum seems to have mods who can’t accept any degree of personal criticism at all. I haven’t seen much spewing or abuse to be fair just criticism of DBC and some of its policies. But I’d better be a good boy too and not go down that path as if you ban me too I won’t be able to register again on your closed family & friends forum as it’s you who clearly dictates what is allowed to be said here as primary editor in chief. I can’t see that’s a comfortable position for you or the forum to be in legally what with all the other abuse you allow to be posted about other people by accounts you clearly vet before allowing them a platform to post that abuse. If I was Rob C in particular I’d have already fired a few letters across your desk as editor and controller of this platform. 

Q E D

40 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

reason is that someone kept registering accounts to get around bans

Suspected as much…

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Try doing your job as a moderator, not just ban all and sundry

If this is about the claimed blocking of all new member applications, you might need to review your definition of “all and sundry”.

1 hour ago, BriT said:

All new members are blocked. I was talking to someone in the pub a few weeks ago and suggested they register here as they wanted to discuss something they weren’t happy about. They tried and apparently you can’t. All new registrations are being blocked on this site for some reason. Sounds like some people here want to control the debate. Why would anyone only want existing members to debate stuff. Sounds like it’s now a friends of the mods only 

Edited by Ativa