More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

Whilst it may not be a "failing" of DBC, I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned this yet, I thought I heard it briefly on the radio last week but it's finally made MR'S FB page. DBC rent arrears up 20% in a matter of weeks.

Screenshot_20230416-173718_Facebook.jpg

49 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Arrears are very low percentage wise and being well managed by the housing team. Don’t believe the clickbait. 

It's the Government's own mouthpiece and it was also broadcast on the radio late last week as I've alluded to?

Are you saying that the statement and figures are inaccurate or contrived in some way, if so, do you have any more accurate ones please? Why would the nation's station engage in such practice? Genuine questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It's the Government's own mouthpiece and it was also broadcast on the radio late last week as I've alluded to?

Are you saying that the statement and figures are inaccurate or contrived in some way, if so, do you have any more accurate ones please? Why would the nation's station engage in such practice? Genuine questions.

0.7% of tota rental l income according to the press report.

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They report what they hear in open council. They don’t get the whole backstory or talk to the housing team. I’m on the housing committee and therefore do. Arrears go up and down throughout the year but over all are at a very low level considering the size of the housing stock we manage. The housing team is doing an amazing job managing this and working with tenants. You will never get zero arrears. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Suspected as much…

If this is about the claimed blocking of all new member applications, you might need to review your definition of “all and sundry”.

It’s not claimed it’s actively being done and is very clearly evident from the “sign in” page. The option to register an account has been completely removed for several weeks now. 

7 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Not for the first time: the irony is palpable…

What irony is there? I pointed out what has been going on for weeks and how it puts the forum in a very poor legal position and shows exactly how this forum is manipulated by certain people. And 15 minutes later someone removes the facility. No irony there at all for me. No doubt it will now just be behind the scenes manipulation going on in future. 

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Thinking about it, I suspect the problem is that a lot of tenants pay their rent & rates by standing order or equivalent (which explains why the payments counter is only open for few hours a day).  When the payment due goes up at the start of April, some are slow to update the amounts on these to reflect this and then any accrued arrears need to be sorted out to pay off the accumulated differences.  There will also complications where tenants are reliant on social security payments to pay these - especially if it's a partial contribution to rent/rates and recalculations have to be made.   Of course social security rates etc will change at the same time and the interaction will need sorting out.

So total arrears will normally rise from April onwards as unpaid increases accumulate and then as these are sorted out and then as tenants adjust payments and pay off the differences the total will normal fall again until the same thing happens again the next April.  As a percentage of all payments, the change seems to be quite small and the danger is that an underlying increase in inability to pay might be masked for a time by the annual ebb and flow.  

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Arrears are very low percentage wise and being well managed by the housing team. Don’t believe the clickbait. 

that is nowhere near the total figure, you need to talk to the housing team to get a complete picture, else you're going to look as much of a dick as Devon.

• Thanks 2