More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

12 hours ago, Amadeus said:

They report what they hear in open council. They don’t get the whole backstory or talk to the housing team. I’m on the housing committee and therefore do. Arrears go up and down throughout the year but over all are at a very low level considering the size of the housing stock we manage. The housing team is doing an amazing job managing this and working with tenants. You will never get zero arrears. 

60 k of arrears given the size of the housing stock doesn’t seem a lot.

What is the percentage rate of arrears on mortgages in private housing?

I would guess greater than the 0.7%of council rent arrears ( according to Rox’s calculation)

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

according to Rox’s calculation

To be clear, this was the figure reported by IOM Today.

I'm not currently involved in calculating accounts for DBC housing department, I'm too busy trying to work out my gas bill.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

To be clear, this was the figure reported by IOM Today.

I'm not currently involved in calculating accounts for DBC housing department, I'm too busy trying to work out my gas bill.

you got a gas bill ????    amazing.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Arrears are very low percentage wise and being well managed by the housing team. Don’t believe the clickbait. 

There are currently 9 possession cases brought by DBC ploughing their way through the Courts - does this equate to a "well managed" property portfolio? 

I would have thought that possession proceedings suggest a very high level of arrears in each case and would be a last resort.    

I cant comment on individual cases but I think you know yourself that your statement might not be accurate. Also, we have over 2300 properties. Again, bigger picture. 

7 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s clearly factual the court list is here

https://www.courts.im/media/3251/civil.pdf

Which list 9 actions by the The Mayor Alderman & The Burgesses Of The Borough of Douglas. Even the tenants names are listed as defendants.

He didn't say it was untrue, he said it was not accurate.

I've lost count of the amount of posts on here whining about tenants in arrears and nothing being done about it. Now we have nine cases of tenants in default and going to court and you appear to be whining about that too?  Make your bleeding' mind up! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Now we have nine cases of tenants in default and going to court and you appear to be whining about that too?  Make your bleeding' mind up! 

I’m not whining about anything. Just pointing out that the disputed statement above was based on facts from the court list.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

DBC are being up front about it and its a shame that IOM newspapers would choose to make it into a story designed to inflame views

If the intention was to inflame views, then they succeeded - mind you, it doesn’t take much to “light the blue touchpaper” of the DBC haters on here.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Why did you assume that this referred to you?

Why do you think that relates to your previous post? You’re clearly just pathetic. The frothy mouthed nonsense you spew everytime anyone offers some vaguely critical comment about DBC on here is literally laughable. You’re another 50p in the slot merchant. The way it’s always you passively aggressively sniping in response to posts directed at other posters is also totally laughable. Have you not got the guts to snipe directly? 

Edited by BriT