More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

Have you not got the guts to snipe directly? 

Yes.   But you know the old saying: never argue with a drunk or an idiot.

On that basis, I’m putting you on ignore for a bit - life’s too short to waste time “sniping” at a one-track mind.   Bye for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Yes.   But you know the old saying: never argue with a drunk or an idiot.

On that basis, I’m putting you on ignore for a bit - life’s too short to waste time “sniping” at a one-track mind.   Bye for now.

It’s as if he’s in a tag team with the other notorious DBC hater offshore Manc although not sure if they’re different people 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It wasn't disputed, just that it was inaccurate. The court list neither confirms nor denies.

Oh it’s you answering me now that the other one has apparently blocked me 😂

The Court list is a statement of fact that DBC is pursuing 9 possession orders through the courts in the next 3 months. The tenants are even named. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BriT said:

Oh it’s you answering me now that the other one has apparently blocked me 😂

The Court list is a statement of fact that DBC is pursuing 9 possession orders through the courts in the next 3 months. The tenants are even named. 

Yes, but there might be more! 😂

• Haha 1

So where do these tenants go especially if they have children ?    They will probably be placed in a private rental paid for by Social Security , this is what I have been told it may be incorrect information but there is a particular block of apartments in Douglas that houses a lot of DHSS clients.     So what is gained in the long run ?   A tough one to solve.

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Completely agree. 60k sounds a lot and @Amadeus is very probably correct when he says the headline stating such is clickbait. But when you read the report and discover that, 

then the 60k is put into a bit of perspective.

People are struggling and they will struggle more as prices increase. There are going to be rent arrears. DBC are being up front about it and its a shame that IOM newspapers would choose to make it into a story designed to inflame views - but again - probably not that unexpected.

i think not that upfront - but i suspect because the Councillors' aren't asking the right question - which would be 'what is the total in arrears and across how many tenancies?' 

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I cant comment on individual cases but I think you know yourself that your statement might not be accurate. Also, we have over 2300 properties. Again, bigger picture. 

I presume it is my post you are referring to when asserting a statement might not be accurate - if so, for the record kindly prove that my statement to the effect that there are currently 9 cases before the Courts is in any way inaccurate.   

Your starting point is here:

civil.pdf (courts.im)

59 minutes ago, english zloty said:

i think not that upfront - but i suspect because the Councillors' aren't asking the right question - which would be 'what is the total in arrears and across how many tenancies?' 

We have that information in committee but it’s not public. 

2 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

I presume it is my post you are referring to when asserting a statement might not be accurate - if so, for the record kindly prove that my statement to the effect that there are currently 9 cases before the Courts is in any way inaccurate.   

Your starting point is here:

civil.pdf (courts.im)

You’re accusing DBC of not managing the portfolio well. I beg to differ and I have the inside view. I don’t have to prove anything to you. That’s all. 

37 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You’re accusing DBC of not managing the portfolio well. I beg to differ and I have the inside view. I don’t have to prove anything to you. That’s all. 

I did not accuse DBC of anything - I merely questioned whether the 9 cases before the Court reflect a well managed portfolio given that, in my experience, possession cases by Local Authorities and Government in the Courts are usually the tip of a very big iceberg. 

Possession cases in the Manx Courts are a nightmare procedurally and there appears to be a number of hurdles for a claimant to actually get a Possession Order. There is one claim by a Local Authority that has been shown in the listings for nearly 2 years.