More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You’re accusing DBC of not managing the portfolio well. I beg to differ and I have the inside view. I don’t have to prove anything to you. That’s all. 

Then why are you posting about subjects you can't talk about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

Then why are you posting about subjects you can't talk about?

I was responding to someone. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

Housing data very quickly gets very personal which is why some data isn’t public. 

50 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I was responding to someone. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

Housing data very quickly gets very personal which is why some data isn’t public. 

not really in this case - the answer would be as simple as the total of arrears at the present time is £X00,000s and that is across Y (say 20% of all tenancies) the £60K was actually referring to the value of arrears owed by Z biggest debtors (i.e the number of tenancies - lets say 20)

8 hours ago, BriT said:

It’s clearly factual the court list is here

https://www.courts.im/media/3251/civil.pdf

Which list 9 actions by the The Mayor Alderman & The Burgesses Of The Borough of Douglas. Even the tenants names are listed as defendants.

Most of them are listed  for possession, rather than debt. Rent arrears alone would be debt.

Possession can be claimed for rent arrears, but there’s an absolute defence of having paid off the arrears.

So, more likely that there is a notice to quit, which could arise out of rent arrears, uneighbourly behaviour, non compliance with tenancy terms ( other than rent ) or an adult child or family member staying on after the actual tenant has moved out or died. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Most of them are listed  for possession, rather than debt. Rent arrears alone would be debt.

Possession can be claimed for rent arrears, but there’s an absolute defence of having paid off the arrears.

So, more likely that there is a notice to quit, which could arise out of rent arrears, uneighbourly behaviour, non compliance with tenancy terms ( other than rent ) or an adult child or family member staying on after the actual tenant has moved out or died. 

Get away with your facts!  Only one of the list posted is debt recovery, perhaps a first stage before possession. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BriT said:

Why do you think that relates to your previous post? You’re clearly just pathetic. The frothy mouthed nonsense you spew everytime anyone offers some vaguely critical comment about DBC on here is literally laughable. You’re another 50p in the slot merchant. The way it’s always you passively aggressively sniping in response to posts directed at other posters is also totally laughable. Have you not got the guts to snipe directly? 

Is it true that Amadeus has blocked new applications to become a forum member?

If discussion here is limited to such schoolboy bickering I think we need more new members to dilute the name calling and offer fresh perspectives on topics. 

As it is you know before reading a post what sort of view the author is likely to take ( and I don’t exclude myself from that)

Some fresh new blood might help stimulate debate rather than people pushing their own tired agendas and maybe deflect from the personal attacks.

(I am not particularity attacking BriT in all this but using the above post as an example. There are plenty of similar ones from other contributors )

• Like 2

On a positive note I had cause to use the Villa Arcade toilets yesterday   what a gem of a place spotlessly clean  and a pleasure  to visit , I don't know if  the Corpy still clean  or maintain them , but a credit to whoever   is looking after them 

if there was an award for the best public toilets  then I would be nominating  the Villa Arcade 

why cant everywhere else in the isle of man  be as clean and tidy as this ?

11 hours ago, Gladys said:

Doubt it was Amadeus alone, but a decision of the mods.  

We have been here before.  It allows things (and certain posters) to cool off and allow MF to return to some normality.  

Probably stops some of the very aggressive posters adding a few new mates posting in very similar styles 😂

3 hours ago, Omobono said:

On a positive note I had cause to use the Villa Arcade toilets yesterday   what a gem of a place spotlessly clean  and a pleasure  to visit , I don't know if  the Corpy still clean  or maintain them , but a credit to whoever   is looking after them 

if there was an award for the best public toilets  then I would be nominating  the Villa Arcade 

why cant everywhere else in the isle of man  be as clean and tidy as this ?

The entire Villa Gaiety complex is government owned, operated, apart from the shop units they rent out.

The fact the loos are spotless, and a pleasure, is another epic fail by DoI.