More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

5 hours ago, Omobono said:

On a positive note I had cause to use the Villa Arcade toilets yesterday   what a gem of a place spotlessly clean  and a pleasure  to visit , I don't know if  the Corpy still clean  or maintain them , but a credit to whoever   is looking after them 

if there was an award for the best public toilets  then I would be nominating  the Villa Arcade 

why cant everywhere else in the isle of man  be as clean and tidy as this ?

They’ll be locking them soon then. Or making you pay to use them now.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

The entire Villa Gaiety complex is government owned, operated, apart from the shop units they rent out.

The fact the loos are spotless, and a pleasure, is another epic fail by DoI.

I know you know, but for those who may not, the villa toilets are run by the DESC. For some reason they have always been very well maintained. 

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The beach is currently “under utilised” as it’s just grotty. I’d rather they spent the £10k emptying more bins to be honest. 

It can't possibly be grotty, Douglas ratepayers pay a small fortune to have a man drive a tractor round it on a regular basis, at least part of which purpose is supposed to be to keep it looking presentable and sweet-smelling...

• Haha 1

Deputy Mayor Natalie Byron said the beach is currently 'under utilised':

Why  would you waste ratepayers money on a one day event. 

Beaches become and develop as nice places to be and people flock to them on good summer days. 

Dougas beach is not a nice to be regardless of the weather.Other beaches around the Island are much nicer. 

What is the matter with people who are so keen to spend other peoples money on nonsence. 

And it will probably rain on July 1st.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It can't possibly be grotty, Douglas ratepayers pay a small fortune to have a man drive a tractor round it on a regular basis, at least part of which purpose is supposed to be to keep it looking presentable and sweet-smelling...

They are going to phase the event for the day after he takes the seaweed back to the sea. That's the day before the seaweed comes back. So sounds like a good plan to me.

If it doesn't work they are going to cry for kelp 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

To make yourself look good as the new mayor is the answer. They should just use the £10k to enhance their thoroughly poor refuse collection services.

There has been a large increase in recycling rates since they moved to fortnightly. Other local authorities need to move to the Douglas model asap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The beach is currently “under utilised” as it’s just grotty. I’d rather they spent the £10k emptying more bins to be honest. 

It will be a beach festival of wokeness to appeal to everyone, and as for the budget, it will be way over, by the time you factor in Health and Safety, Douglas Corpy Rules and Regulations and IOMG diktats. What about parking? Also what will happen to the refuse, will it be collected straight away, whilst those who genuinely pay rates have to wait for their bins to be collected fortnightly?

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It will be a beach festival of wokeness to appeal to everyone, and as for the budget, it will be way over, by the time you factor in Health and Safety, Douglas Corpy Rules and Regulations and IOMG diktats. What about parking? 

So are you saying the beach event should exclude people? strange 

• Confused 1

Funny that every other beach uses volunteers and raises their own funds to provide entertainment on their local beach. SPort Erin. Regatta etc. yet the ‘city’ has to use rate payers money to bribe them to come down to the worst beach on the island. 

• Like 4