More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

4 hours ago, Ativa said:

Panic not.  DBC are here to take all your stress away

Below from their FB page yesterday. Please note I haven’t messed with the formatting or capitalisation m, this is as it was posted. 

The comments as expected include references to bin collections and beach festivaks

Strung Out with the Stressors of Life?

Way To Go Well Being is starting a Summer Season of WELL BEING Workshops in Partnership with Douglas Borough Council REGENERATION because People AND Places Matter!
FREE OF CHARGE / BOOKING ESSENTIAL
WHAT: Sharing Simple Strategies for Stress Reduction
WHEN: Sunday 23RD April 2 – 4.30pm
WHERE: Nobles Park Community Room

Stressors are the stuff of Life and they are going to keep coming at us! Does that mean we settle for Stressed and Depressed States?
Absolutely not because State is not static just as Life is not static! All of us have the capacity to shift State and enjoy Easier Living.
https://youtu.be/u2bigf337aU
So if we feel Stuck and Stagnant in a Stress Mess, time for some Stress Management, time for some regeneration, time for some relaxation in the midst of Life! 
Yes that’s right, moment to moment, day to day, enjoy a softer, smoother Summer sojourn in a stress free zone!

For more details / any Questions / Bookings
Email Waytogowellbeing@gmail.com or 07624 223317
Lynne and Donna look forward to hearing from You.”

Can I just see if I have got this right?

This post was made on Facebook, together with a You Tube link to Ella Fitzgerald singing “ Summertime “, by Douglas Borough Council?

I don’t believe it ( as Victor Meldrew might say)

Bloody glad I don’t live there.

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

1. Can I just see if I have got this right?

2. This post was made on Facebook, together with a You Tube link to Ella Fitzgerald singing “ Summertime “, by Douglas Borough Council?

3. I don’t believe it ( as Victor Meldrew might say)

4. Bloody glad I don’t live there.

1. Yes. Unusual for you, VoR

2. Yes. Screenshot below. It’s not an event being run by DBC. Their input is providing the room. Why they didn’t share the organisers post, no one will ever know.

3. Believe.

4. There are many from Douglas share that sentiment.

😉

IMG_4723.png

8 hours ago, reptar said:

I was pretty chilled until I read that load of poorly written shite and now my stress levels are through the roof.

It scans like it was smashed together with a mallet by someone who has English as their 19th language.

Someone offers a free wellbeing workshop and all you lot can do is complain about the wording. Words fail me. 

On 4/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, Amadeus said:

So far it’s just an idea. We have the Nobles Fun Day which is super popular and this would likely be along the same lines. Ideas are welcome. 

Hi Amadeus, Nobles Fun day is a great day out, l don't suppose you know what date it is this year please?  I tried to Google it showed previous years but l couldn't find this years.

Many thanks Lilly

It wasn't a good press release.

Despite it being for an extremely good cause I'm not surprised it's had some flack.

The fact that it was a free service for the good of the people meant it deserved a good launch and that document was not a good launch, Whether it was a typesetting error or whether someone just thought it might be good idea, it was wrong.

Promoting an event to help with stress when the advert looks as though it's been written by someone with anxiety stress disorder is not the way to go to encourage people to support and attend. My stress levels under pretty good control but just reading the press release had me wanting to reach out for the *valium.

(*joke)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ativa said:

Panic not.  DBC are here to take all your stress away

Below from their FB page yesterday. Please note I haven’t messed with the formatting or capitalisation m, this is as it was posted. 

The comments as expected include references to bin collections and beach festivaks

Strung Out with the Stressors of Life?

Way To Go Well Being is starting a Summer Season of WELL BEING Workshops in Partnership with Douglas Borough Council REGENERATION because People AND Places Matter!
FREE OF CHARGE / BOOKING ESSENTIAL
WHAT: Sharing Simple Strategies for Stress Reduction
WHEN: Sunday 23RD April 2 – 4.30pm
WHERE: Nobles Park Community Room

Stressors are the stuff of Life and they are going to keep coming at us! Does that mean we settle for Stressed and Depressed States?
Absolutely not because State is not static just as Life is not static! All of us have the capacity to shift State and enjoy Easier Living.
https://youtu.be/u2bigf337aU
So if we feel Stuck and Stagnant in a Stress Mess, time for some Stress Management, time for some regeneration, time for some relaxation in the midst of Life! 
Yes that’s right, moment to moment, day to day, enjoy a softer, smoother Summer sojourn in a stress free zone!

For more details / any Questions / Bookings
Email Waytogowellbeing@gmail.com or 07624 223317
Lynne and Donna look forward to hearing from You.”

@offshoremanxmanWas it this one?

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It wasn't a good press release.

Despite it being for an extremely good cause I'm not surprised it's had some flack.

The fact that it was a free service for the good of the people meant it deserved a good launch and that document was not a good launch, Whether it was a typesetting error or whether someone just thought it might be good idea, it was wrong.

Promoting an event to help with stress when the advert looks as though it's been written by someone with anxiety stress disorder is not the way to go to encourage people to support and attend. My stress levels under pretty good control but just reading the press release had me wanting to reach out for the *valium.

(*joke)

Its possible the authors were dyslexic.