More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

The authors may be dyslexic but it did nothing to entice me.  There is nothing about Lynne and Donna's credentials to run this event or their background, not even a FB page describing them.   

It is said to be a series of events but no indication of the future programme or frequency. 

How much is this being paid for by DBC? Is it just provision of the room on the basis that it is an opportunity for Donna and Lynne to sell their services?  Or is there a fee being charged to DBC?  

As Rox says, a crap launch of something that may be very worthwhile. 

11 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Someone offers a free wellbeing workshop and all you lot can do is complain about the wording. Words fail me. 

I've previously thought that you perhaps get an unfairly hard time on here due to the obvious reasons but I'm starting to wonder if most of the criticism is actually bang on.

If you think that that press release was in any way approaching a professional effort then you really need to sit down and read it again. Also, who are these people? How are they qualified to run sessions like this? Qualifications? Relevant Experience? Based on their grasp of written English I think it's worth looking at whether these are people who should be assisting others with their stress issues. Based on the content of the press release that includes gems like:-

Stressors are the stuff of Life and they are going to keep coming at us! Does that mean we settle for Stressed and Depressed States?
Absolutely not because State is not static just as Life is not static! All of us have the capacity to shift State and enjoy Easier Living.

Which is, quite clearly, total and utter bollocks. And not well written bollocks either.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask these questions.

Edited by reptar
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

@offshoremanxmanWas it this one?

1 hour ago, reptar said:

I've previously thought that you perhaps get an unfairly hard time on here due to the obvious reasons but I'm starting to wonder if most of the criticism is actually bang on.

If you think that that press release was in any way approaching a professional effort then you really need to sit down and read it again. Also, who are these people? How are they qualified to run sessions like this? Qualifications? Relevant Experience? Based on their grasp of written English I think it's worth looking at whether these are people who should be assisting others with their stress issues. Based on the content of the press release that includes gems like:-

Which is, quite clearly, total and utter bollocks. And not well written bollocks either.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask these questions.

37 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No there was another one. 

I think that someone at DBC just copied and pasted, rather than shared,  from the way to go well being FB page.

Wasnt a press release.

https://www.facebook.com/waytogowellbeing

seems well meaning, if literately inadequate.

Was it this one, @offshoremanxman

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0S7g3ZTPE45UybqXk8nt4rgTieXQky6NPNGo64XfPp4Ls4a65en1iNB6tj54CdXhrl&id=100085153505591

Monster Mind or Magician Mind?

How’s Your words?
ABRACADABRA!
Are they creating Magic or Misery in Your Life? 

Words and EVERYTHING else about Us are an expression of our Mind; are we expressing Magic or Misery? 

The Magician is a Master of Mental Agility; he knows the Magic of a Mastered Mind is the Magic of a Mastered Mood is the Magic of Stress Mastery! 
Stress shows up in the Thought/Feeling world first ALWAYS and there are no exceptions to this as this is the Science of State.

STRESS REDUCTION AND REGENERATION WORKSHOP

WHAT: Sharing Simple Strategies for Stress Reduction
WHEN: Sunday 23RD April 2 – 4.30pm
WHERE: Nobles Park Community Room DOUGLAS

FREE OF CHARGE/BOOKING ESSENTIAL

Popping pills for the physiological symptoms of Stress is missing the point somewhat! We get to the mental/emotional discord and the physiological symptoms subside, this is the Science of State.

So are we going to ask you to be mindful or meditate? 

NO absolutely not because for most of us, we can’t do that right off the bat if our Minds have not experienced much Mind Management. 
There are a myriad of ways to work with the Mind, to tame and train that Monster Mind and allow that Magician Mind that is within all of us to emerge.

And because we are smart and get the Science of State, we’ll show you how to use your Body to get a handle on your Mind; nothing too strenuous so you don’t have to be fit! 

And we shall address those ANTs or Automatic Negative Thoughts that we ALL experience in Stressed and Depressed States to lessen their impact on our Self Esteem and Self Efficacy, both fundamental to a happy healthy Life. 

Mired in Misery or making Magic?  Be a Magician and Make Magic!

ANXIOUS ABOUT ATTENDING?
A warm welcome awaits you and we hold a safe supportive space for everyone, it’s what we are good at! Still anxious? PHONE A FRIEND and bring them along too; enjoy the oxytocin surge with social engagement as well as tea/coffee and cake refreshment!

Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring a notebook and pen.

For more details / any Questions / Bookings
Email Waytogowellbeing@gmail.com or call/text 07624 223317

We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

No there was another one. 

No there wasn’t.  All the posts on this thread are still there.

I can no longer see the Facebook post though, which is why I asked if I had been blocked or it had been deleted from Facebook.

Did you get confused?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ativa said:

No there wasn’t.  All the posts on this thread are still there.

I can no longer see the Facebook post though, which is why I asked if I had been blocked or it had been deleted from Facebook.

Did you get confused?

There were two posts on DBC FB, one of which is still there. They’re both on the way to go well-being FB page which is where they originated

18 hours ago, Lilly said:

Hi Amadeus, Nobles Fun day is a great day out, l don't suppose you know what date it is this year please?  I tried to Google it showed previous years but l couldn't find this years.

Many thanks Lilly

Does no-one know the answer? It was a  genuine question, l wantbto take my grandchildren.  I have been travelling back to iom in the last 24hrs, the Seacat was empty coming back from Liverpool this morning, l know its the  wrong posting, however, wouldn't it be better to offer residents a cheap ticket offer to fill empty seats. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Does no-one know the answer? It was a  genuine question, l wantbto take my grandchildren.  I have been travelling back to iom in the last 24hrs, the Seacat was empty coming back from Liverpool this morning, l know its the  wrong posting, however, wouldn't it be better to offer residents a cheap ticket offer to fill empty seats. 

Spending ones money off island is to be discouraged at all times.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Spending ones money off island is to be discouraged at all times.

Actually l was visiting my family, yes l  must admit l did some food shopping which was much cheaper than here surprisingly cheaper and good quality, does that counts? Or is that to discourage too? If fact it made me question why do we pay such high markups?.  My daughter whom lives in UK tells me she is  following a mums forum here and she is surprise how many parents are struggling. Is anyone actually listening? Sorry wrong posting again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Actually l was visiting my family, yes l  must admit l did some food shopping which was much cheaper than here surprisingly cheaper and good quality, does that counts? Or is that to discourage too? If fact it made me question why do we pay such high markups?.  My daughter whom lives in UK tells me she is  following a mums forum here and she is surprise how many parents are struggling. Is anyone actually listening? Sorry wrong posting again.

The so called cost of living crisis is being taken advantage of here to the max!

• Like 4