More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

No when you outsource you don’t keep your own staff and overheads on as before as well as paying a contract so it wouldn’t cost £720 extra would it? 

6Jk8vrp.png

Even if they stopped taking any bins it'd go up by >£500 a year. Using the £543/y average rates and pro-rata'ing the £149 in every £469 that gives £172 per year for refuse collection. Quite a bit less than £720, for a significantly more frequent service. I'm not sure that represents bad value.

24 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You don’t really get the concept of outsourcing. You are Devon Watson and I claim my £5 😂

Just because I was too kind in reducing the existing cost to 0 when it clearly wouldn't be, in an effort to help your argument, does not mean I don't understand.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

They never said it was to save money. They said it was to encourage recycling. 

It's Bullshit, bit hey, let's stick to the facts. 

There is a cost saving element to this, so I would say both parts are correct. 

• Haha 2

Hi Amadeus,

* There was presumably a study that concluded that 100% generic black-bin waste would translate neatly into 50% recyclable waste and 50% other. Would it be possible to see a copy of that study and its conclusions because recent news reports seem to suggest citizens are driving their cars to the amenity site to dump their excess, which can't be a benefit for the environment.

* There will have been an impact assessment made, that predicted the risks of the change and their mitigations. Can we see that?

* Would it be possible to get a link to the public consultation that was conducted?

* Would you be able to publish the guidance to householders that was issued (I was one of those who missed it)?

Finally, would you be so kind as to indicate the names of the elected officials who proposed this reform (I'm not interested in those who supported it or voted for it, but those who brought it to the agenda) so that I can hold people to account in the next local elections?

In a previous post you lament that the chamber is empty during debates. Are you able to demonstrate that it would make any difference if constituents did turn up, or would they be politely ignored until they went away?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

there is a rumour abound that the City cleansing department staff  are so Pi--ed off with the city fathers that they are threatening  industrial action  over the poor way the 2 weekly bin collection has been introduced and the extra work it is creating for everyone ,  not happy bunnies apparently ! Watch this space ! we could be like Glasgow  if were not careful  full and overflowing    bins everywhere  a total mess , took ages to clear it up 

19 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Sorry I’m confused. So the guy who had this job has moved somewhere else. So you’re employing a replacement. Anywhere else that is a new job. You used to employ one person and now you employ two people. 

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough: someone holding a position elsewhere in DBC left. The person doing this job moved up / across to fill that position, leaving this exiting job to be filled. Make sense now? 

8 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough: someone holding a position elsewhere in DBC left. The person doing this job moved up / across to fill that position, leaving this exiting job to be filled. Make sense now? 

Why respond to obvious trolling? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

At the end of the day you still have a new employee on up to £47K a year. Was the person who moved on that salary pre move? Or was the person who moved promoted to an even better paid job elsewhere. You said this was going to save the paltry amount of £25K a year for the massive inconvenience it causes which will soon be absorbed by additional costs and wages. 

Plus pension & NI costs adding c35% on top!

Be interesting to know if DBC are giving a 6% backdated rise like IOMG which will lead to even higher rates bills next year

• Like 1