More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

24 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Actually l was visiting my family, yes l  must admit l did some food shopping which was much cheaper than here surprisingly cheaper and good quality, does that counts? Or is that to discourage too? If fact it made me question why do we pay such high markups?.  My daughter whom lives in UK tells me she is  following a mums forum here and she is surprise how many parents are struggling. Is anyone actually listening? Sorry wrong posting again.

There are three factors: additional cost of transport, lack of competition and size of market.  Prices are much better here in the local branches of UK shops.  The local shops, despite trying, cannot offer the prices that the large retailers can. 

PS, you are not stupid!

Edited by Gladys
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

There are three factors: additional cost of transport, lack of competition and size of market.  Prices are much better here in the local branches of UK shops.  The local shops, despite trying, cannot offer the prices that the large retailers can. 

You forgot the fourth, greed.

• Like 5

Just now, finlo said:

You forgot the fourth, greed.

I was trying to be kind.  Greed could well  be a factor, but greed gobbles up the meal quickly. 

From a purely selfish POV, I would not shop at the local supermarket other than a quick need to.  Despite wanting to support local, the shops are tatty, quality variable and the prices high.  Yet I know quite a few people who think Tesco is the devil incarnate and will not shop there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

I was trying to be kind.  Greed could well  be a factor, but greed gobbles up the meal quickly. 

From a purely selfish POV, I would not shop at the local supermarket other than a quick need to.  Despite wanting to support local, the shops are tatty, quality variable and the prices high.  Yet I know quite a few people who think Tesco is the devil incarnate and will not shop there. 

co op is usually good , but not for baxters soup last week , £2.10 a can in ramsey co op , shoprite still 4 cans for a fiver ( same flavour )

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

Transport costs are a minimal factor. SPC charges around £1400 per 40ft trailer. That’s a lot of produce on there, so while Shoprite might like to tell you their costs are huge, on an individual can of beans for example, it’d be negligible. Greed is the key ingredient for the Nicholson family.

14 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Any news on corruption allegations?

Do keep up. That was swept under the carpet ages ago. DBC now has the knives out for the public servants at the airport and is too busy to worry about corruption.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

Do keep up. That was swept under the carpet ages ago. DBC now has the knives out for the public servants at the airport and is too busy to worry about corruption.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

No there was a mention in one of the local rags that it was still being investigated 🤣 

The e-Mail debacle is apparently still being investigated, but i don’t know by whom. I have it on the very best authority that neither DBC nor Ms Wells have referred it to Office of Cyber Security and OCS don’t have an active case.

Building by law case is with the police.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The e-Mail debacle is apparently still being investigated, but i don’t know by whom. I have it on the very best authority that neither DBC nor Ms Wells have referred it to Office of Cyber Security and OCS don’t have an active case.

Building by law case is with the police.

Is it confirmed that the building control case is with the police then?

Only reference I saw is from @FANDL on here.

Still no comment from DBC though?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, Ativa said:

Panic not.  DBC are here to take all your stress away

Below from their FB page yesterday. Please note I haven’t messed with the formatting or capitalisation m, this is as it was posted. 

The comments as expected include references to bin collections and beach festivaks

Strung Out with the Stressors of Life?

Way To Go Well Being is starting a Summer Season of WELL BEING Workshops in Partnership with Douglas Borough Council REGENERATION because People AND Places Matter!
FREE OF CHARGE / BOOKING ESSENTIAL
WHAT: Sharing Simple Strategies for Stress Reduction
WHEN: Sunday 23RD April 2 – 4.30pm
WHERE: Nobles Park Community Room

Stressors are the stuff of Life and they are going to keep coming at us! Does that mean we settle for Stressed and Depressed States?
Absolutely not because State is not static just as Life is not static! All of us have the capacity to shift State and enjoy Easier Living.
https://youtu.be/u2bigf337aU
So if we feel Stuck and Stagnant in a Stress Mess, time for some Stress Management, time for some regeneration, time for some relaxation in the midst of Life! 
Yes that’s right, moment to moment, day to day, enjoy a softer, smoother Summer sojourn in a stress free zone!

For more details / any Questions / Bookings
Email Waytogowellbeing@gmail.com or 07624 223317
Lynne and Donna look forward to hearing from You.”

Someone sent me this today. It seemed quite fitting. 

B9994A38-6B53-49F6-ADAC-ACE250FA6963.jpeg

• Haha 1