More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

7 hours ago, Satan666 said:

Transport costs are a minimal factor. SPC charges around £1400 per 40ft trailer. That’s a lot of produce on there, so while Shoprite might like to tell you their costs are huge, on an individual can of beans for example, it’d be negligible. Greed is the key ingredient for the Nicholson family.

Are your costs up to date? I reckon more like £2200 but I could be wrong, as I often am.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Are your costs up to date? I reckon more like £2200 but I could be wrong, as I often am.

Yes according to a very good friend of mine at Graylaw this is correct. However he did say that SPC charge less than half for a trailer going the other way.

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Is it confirmed that the building control case is with the police then?

Only reference I saw is from @FANDL on here.

Still no comment from DBC though?

Heard that it was referred to the police too. So I guess DBC wouldn’t comment and will have been asked by police whilst the case is ongoing not to comment. Fair enough if this is the situation.

1 minute ago, Satan666 said:

Heard that it was referred to the police too. So I guess DBC wouldn’t comment and will have been asked by police whilst the case is ongoing not to comment. Fair enough if this is the situation.

Didn't stop the Gov with Abbotswood?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/police-called-in-to-abbotswood-investigation/

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I think it would be fair and robust after the time has passed to see some kind of update from DBC.

And if what @John Wright says, an explanation of the bullshit around the Wells email. What's going down @Amadeus?

Completely agree. Whether DBC do the right things behind the scenes is open to debate but one thing they undoubtedly are poor at is communication.

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I think it would be fair and robust after the time has passed to see some kind of update from DBC.

And if what @John Wright says, an explanation of the bullshit around the Wells email. What's going down @Amadeus?

The way I see it the Wells email one is a non issue. Yes bad communication but at the end of the day it was at a time of heated and personal attacks and this an unpaid political member trying to do the best in their free time (I believe with other job & family). It makes practically no difference to the running of DBC or their policies and is just a distraction aimed at punishing her for removing weekly bin collections.

The other issue is very alarming as for all the talk of corruption (which is mostly just parish pump poor governance) this is potentially genuine case. I hope for both ratepayers and the individual involved it is resolved with some level of certainty and immediacy. It is also quite a key role with the age of building stock in Douglas and the number of unloved properties.

• Like 1

This beach festival thing with a float being situated in Douglas Bay…. Am I missing something or would Port Skillion not be a far better place for the big float? It would surely be able to be used for more hours and it’s be nearer the edge of the beach as there, the sea bed falls away much quicker…?

6 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

This beach festival thing with a float being situated in Douglas Bay…. Am I missing something or would Port Skillion not be a far better place for the big float? It would surely be able to be used for more hours and it’s be nearer the edge of the beach as there, the sea bed falls away much quicker…?

We'll have none of that common sense talk around here!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Port Skillion is pretty tricky to get to. 

Granted. But if DBC are hell bent on a raft, the main bay is not the place to do it. Why they have to at all (just because some others have) is beyond me. To use it even half as much as say PE visitors do, means it’d have to be around 200 to 300 meters out. 

Just now, Satan666 said:

To use it even half as much as say PE visitors do, means it’d have to be around 200 to 300 meters out. 

I guess you'd have to walk that far out to swim anyway wouldn't you? But not all the time. When the tide is in wouldn't that mean the raft would be in really deep water?

Port Skillion   has nearly 100 steps to navigate  the beach is full of rubble  no facilities and if you are really lucky one of the numerous Congers  could bite your male appendage   off , in placing the swimming raft in Douglas bay the council will have to accept  responsibility  for the safety of those using it ,   a red flag when sea conditions are dangerous , and no doubt the employment of a Lifeguard , never mind toilets changing facilities , you can see where all this is heading , 

thats why we have not had a swimming raft in Douglas bay for the last 100 years 

• Like 4