More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

44 minutes ago, BriT said:

It looks like the people at IOM Newspapers read this forum. You raise the issue and half a day later it’s back in the papers again. You’re a news maker NoTailT! 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/no-resolution-yet-on-forged-council-email-609041

I suspect IOMN are mainly resurrecting it because it gives them a chance to sub-bitch at Manx Radio, who fell for it when they didn't.  But as usual the 'professional' communications about it from DBC seems poor and I suspect they are just as bad at letting councillors know what is happening as they are to the rest of us.

There are two different questions here.  The first is whether the e-mail actually came from DBC's system and whether someone misused or hacked into it.  They claim their systems weren't compromised, so that may answer that. 

The second question is, if the email was a spoof that only the weekend shift at MR would fall for, who sent it and did they commit any crime in doing so.  DBC claim they know the culprit, but whether that is true or not I don't know.  Butt even then there would need to be proof that would stand up in a Manx court (which isn't always good at dealing with e-evidence) and it would be difficult to see what the charges would be as the perpetrator doesn't seem to have gained from it, except in making Manx radio look stupid.  Which isn't a crime.

As for the referral to OCSIA, it was presumably no more than just another one of the 100s of dodgy emails they get sent each month (595 in March) and as there was no wider threat from it, they presumably just filed it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect IOMN are mainly resurrecting it because it gives them a chance to sub-bitch at Manx Radio, who fell for it when they didn't.  But as usual the 'professional' communications about it from DBC seems poor and I suspect they are just as bad at letting councillors know what is happening as they are to the rest of us.

The January IOM Today report is here

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/online-watchdog-is-looking-into-council-email-spoofing-590695

It clearly says:

”Online watchdog is looking into council email spoofing

A ‘spoofing’ of Douglas Council leader Claire Wells’ email is being investigated by a government IT team.

The council has now reported the incident to OSCIA, who will look into the case further.”

It seems quite categoric really to be regarded as in anyway ambiguous. But then DBC seem to lie so freely it’s just second nature to trot out this absolute rubbish presumably. I wonder if an FOI would get to the bottom of it as they either did or didn’t report it as claimed. As you say it’s hard to see what basis for any further action exists anyway - other than taking the piss out of a Councillor/Manx Radio which isn’t yet a crime here. So alternatively perhaps they did report it and were told to do one as the whole thing was nonsense which would add weight to your Manx Radio theory that really they just want to embarrass them for publishing what was clear bollocks that other journalists had thrown in the bin.

Edited by BriT
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Whats the betting it’s the same person who impersonated Amadeus? Someone with a grudge against DBC by the looks of it.

wasn't  amadeus  impersonating amadeus  who was impersonating a councilor ?

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

So they’re looking at someone who’s MO is impersonating council officers and sending false information to media outlets.

You don’t half make up some crap. I can’t see that it says anything of the sort there. But you do seem to enjoy making up insane nonsense to justify your incredibly detailed paranoid fantasies. 

Edited by BriT
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BriT said:

You don’t half make up some crap. I can’t see that it says anything of the sort there. But you do seem to enjoy making up insane nonsense to justify your incredibly detailed paranoid fantasies. 

Classic 😂 Pot Kettle Black  from the chief crap poster 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see the village idiots are out in full flow again on FB, namely Wheeler and McMullin! Experts in everything. 
And the other be Ver Elst STILL hasn’t presented the petition I signed and has very little extra signatures. It’s a shame as any reasonable viewpoint gets blown out of the water by these 🤡 

4 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

I see the village idiots are out in full flow again on FB, namely Wheeler and McMullin! Experts in everything. 
And the other be Ver Elst STILL hasn’t presented the petition I signed and has very little extra signatures. It’s a shame as any reasonable viewpoint gets blown out of the water by these 🤡 

Someone called ver elst was commenting on the police page about noise from the kebab shop by Sam webbs. Seems he just likes to moan 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Another day no update on corruption allegations...

Presumably there won’t be as it’s with the police? I don’t know but would’ve thought that to be the case.

5 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Presumably there won’t be as it’s with the police? I don’t know but would’ve thought that to be the case.

We covered this, you and I.

There's nothing to stop them saying they've looked at it and referred it to the police, as happened with Abbotswood.

The silence from DBC on it is crazy. Maybe it's something @Chris Thomas should pick up via DOI coverage of local authorities.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Someone called ver elst was commenting on the police page about noise from the kebab shop by Sam webbs. Seems he just likes to moan 

I’m all for the public tackling LA or Gov issues but they need to be actually doing something about it not just moaning.

Just now, Satan666 said:

I’m all for the public tackling LA or Gov issues but they need to be actually doing something about it not just moaning.

Especially when they say they’ll do this, do that and then do sweet FA! Maybe they’d make the perfect politician?