More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

We covered this, you and I.

There's nothing to stop them saying they've looked at it and referred it to the police, as happened with Abbotswood.

The silence from DBC on it is crazy. Maybe it's something @Chris Thomas should pick up via DOI coverage of local authorities.

Yea that’s a good point! 

2 hours ago, Satan666 said:

Presumably there won’t be as it’s with the police? I don’t know but would’ve thought that to be the case.

it will be with somebody until the statute of limitations has run out and the planet has forgotten about it.

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

He runs a really nice hotel in front of Webbs. I’m sure it probably puts his paying guests off it it’s that noisy. Can’t see what the problem is myself if a public nuisance is being caused. 

It's in the centre of town might just be me but if I'm booking a hotel in a town centre I'm expecting it to be noisy over the weekend. 

10 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

But DBC has refused to accept it if he doesn’t go back to everyone (nearly 2,000 people) and get their full name and addresses in addition so why would he bother. DBC clearly have zero interest in receiving it at all. 

From the reply he posted on FB, DBC have asked him to come forward with the petition but he has to ensure that everyone who signed it live in Douglas. I don’t see anything wrong with that as it should be the constituents voice they are considering, not anyone who doesn’t live in Douglas who may have signed it just to voice their opinion. Imagine if a council decided something for their residents based on public sentiment from others that live outside their area, there’d be uproar, much more than they had last year. So what DBC are asking is perfectly reasonable.
ver Elst hasn’t contacted me yet to check so I know Ver Elst is now just another proverbial lunatic as he’s had weeks to do this and he promoted himself to take this on so he needs to follow it through. 

So going back to my initial points, if we allow lunatics like this to pretend to be the voice of the people, who state that they will change the councils view, say to us to sign this petition and we’ll use this to challenge the council - but then do nothing, as is the case here, it doesn’t help the public whatsoever and hinders building a legitimate case to bring to the table and discuss with DBC in the appropriate way. They just let their emotions lead their brain. Not the facts.

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You’re hilarious. How is the guy a lunatic? He set up a petition in good faith and 2,000 people signed it in good faith. Then DBC categorically refused to accept the petition and that’s their fault not his. Most normal, sensible, open authorities would have at least said that they’d investigate further. But not DBC, DBC stick their fingers in their ears and say “We won’t even look at this until you prove 100% of these people live in Douglas” 

At the end of the day the guy is a Douglas ratepayer and business owner. The arrogant treatment by DBC of this person is simply staggering. But to many totally indicative of the type of arrogant vindictive assholes we all know they are. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that you work for DBC either as you seem to completely exemplify the same smug, arrogant, and outright hostile behaviour towards people paying town hall wages.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was moral grandstander Devon's account.  Seems very concerned that people don't like their bin policy and are now trying to further suppress dissent. 

10 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Webbs is an awful dirty third rate losers pub. It’s fairly bad in there at the weekend. I don’t think he’s unreasonable in wanting the police to deal with noise if it’s a problem to him or his guests. I certainly wouldn’t automatically regard a business owner of a hotel with a good reputation to be a moaner just for expecting the police to do something about the noise issue of a grotty nearby pub. 

but he was complaining about the kebab shop being open until 4am, nothing to do with Sam Webbs so what exactly could the police do about people walking through the street and talking loudly?

48 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The account holder clearly works for DBC as the exact same disgraceful and arrogant attitude towards anyone who dares to challenge DBC is clear. This is what most people object to. The attitude of a lot of them in Town Hall totally stinks and for that very reason none of this is going to go away, no matter how hard they might try to make it go away. From day one their attitude to their own ratepayers has been high-handed and confrontational showing you the exact sort of people they are. 

The vast majority of Douglas residents appear happy/don't care about the bin situation. The vocal minority are quite rightly not being pandered to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

To be honest a lot of people aren’t happy and will remain not happy. I wouldn’t say 2,000 people are a vocal minority it’s about 20% of Douglas residents. And equally it seems to have moved on from the bins to just the general disgusting attitude of DBC and some of its councillors when it comes to what their ratepayers expect in terms of support and service. 

No it's people who think they should get their way and don't like being told no. 

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The account holder clearly works for DBC as the exact same disgraceful and arrogant attitude towards anyone who dares to challenge DBC is clear. This is what most people object to. The attitude of a lot of them in Town Hall totally stinks and for that very reason none of this is going to go away, no matter how hard they might try to make it go away. From day one their attitude to their own ratepayers has been high-handed and confrontational showing you the exact sort of people they are. 

I was starting to think it was Ashfords arrogant self entitled girlfriend.

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

but he was complaining about the kebab shop being open until 4am, nothing to do with Sam Webbs so what exactly could the police do about people walking through the street and talking loudly?

It is rather like those people who move to the countryside and then complain about being woken up by the sound of cocks crowing.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It is rather like those people who move to the countryside and then complain about being woken up by the sound of cocks crowing.

Or people who buy a house by a river and then complain when they get flooded.

Oh wait…

• Haha 1