More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

On 4/29/2023 at 6:45 PM, offshoremanxman said:

They seem to be asserting their ownership rights. I believe that the steps are private property owned by the owners of Victory House and not a public right of way despite hundreds of people using the cut through each day. There used to be a gate outside the old Laughing Buddha that they closed and locked for 24 hours a few times a year just so that they could document that it isn’t a public right of way. The building works seem to be an extension of that. 

There was, prior to the Victory House build, a Lhergy or hill path that ran from Great Nelson St to the other end of the building, you could access it as a short cut from Hyslop's, where the phone shop is. I always imagined this path was relocated to where it is presently, it linked the upper brough to Callow slip, later renamed Drumgold street and Regent Street.

"A cul-de-sac off Great Nelson St. in Woods' Plan of 1833, this came out on Prospect Hill nearly opposite Athol St."

A cul-de-sac off Great Nelson St. in Woods' Plan of 1833, this came out on Prospect Hill nearly opposite Athol St.The upper portion of this thoroughfare, from the Adelphi down to Prospect Hill, was Great.png

Edited by mollag
found an image
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mollag said:

There was, prior to the Victory House build, a Lhergy or hill path that ran from Great Nelson St to the other end of the building, you could access it as a short cut from Hyslop's, where the phone shop is. I always imagined this path was relocated to where it is presently, it linked the upper brough to Callow slip, later renamed Drumgold street and Regent Street.

"A cul-de-sac off Great Nelson St. in Woods' Plan of 1833, this came out on Prospect Hill nearly opposite Athol St."

A cul-de-sac off Great Nelson St. in Woods' Plan of 1833, this came out on Prospect Hill nearly opposite Athol St.The upper portion of this thoroughfare, from the Adelphi down to Prospect Hill, was Great.png

Isn't there a public footpath that goes through Marks and Spencer?

20 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Any outcome on corruption?

Any updates on this will be given through the appropriate channels if and when. I can’t say more here. 

I see bathing showers have been installed on Peel promenade ,  this City obviously likes to keep ahead of the game  and provide decent facilities for its ratepayers and visitors  be interesting to see what Douglas City comes back with to retain its dominance as a word leader    in off shore bathing , 

12 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I see bathing showers have been installed on Peel promenade ,  this City obviously likes to keep ahead of the game  and provide decent facilities for its ratepayers and visitors  be interesting to see what Douglas City comes back with to retain its dominance as a word leader    in off shore bathing , 

If you're bathing on Peel Beach a shower afterwards might be a necessity rather than a luxury....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Jeez, someone magnanimous in defeat and you have to have a go at them.

He is  not my cup of tea but for goodness sake.

You are right, he handled it very well.

But, please, why is there still so much support for Wells?

• Like 1