More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

21 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Crisis? What crisis?

If your bin isn't  emptied by the usual time, it's not your week.Make a note. Logic! Bring your bin in, pound the rubbish down, compress your kitchen bin bags, fold your amazon boxes flat, re-cycle more and hey presto, calm returns to your life!!!

I once packed my bin down so well that when the fellas came round and put it on the wagon nothing came out despite the shaking that the loading arm gives it.

So guess what they did next?

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I once packed my bin down so well that when the fellas came round and put it on the wagon nothing came out despite the shaking that the loading arm gives it.

So guess what they did next?

had a wank ???

• Haha 2

I wonder how long they are going to persist with the posts on Facebook “

We’ve been following a family of 5 on their recycling journey. It’s been great to see how small household changes have made such a different to how they manage their household waste.  

They have alternative weekly collections, so let’s see how they got on. Here’s day 1:”

They are patronising, and a great way to give people the opportunity to tell them how stupid the scheme is.

Just admit it’s a mistake and go back to how it was.

• Like 1

Great initiative. Encourages people to think about their waste, reduce it and recycle more.

And the headline should read "Man who doesn't read local news, local websites, social media or listen to any local radio astounded to realise he has no idea what's occurring locally".

Bloody idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Your rates may pay for your bin to be emptied but that doesn't mean you can stuff your old sofa in there or abuse the system at the expense of other rate payers.

Don't know your collection date? Someone posted the streets and dates on here a few days ago, I'd offer to look it up for you but that would make you as 'useless' as the Council you complain about!!!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Amadeus said:

It was communicated extensively and over quite a period of time. Was it ever going to be perfect on day 1? No, but people know now and we are on the right path. I voted for this together with my colleagues as it's about time we catch up with the rest of the world when it comes to recycling and reducing waste. We are decades behind.  

But that highlights the problem.  If Douglas is decades behind, then it can't catch up overnight and people need to be guided very carefully through the process.  They need to know what they should do in detail, where they can go for exact information, when things will be collected and so on.  Even existing procedures need to be reiterated (not least because Douglas has a population that 'turns over' faster than elsewhere.  Special arrangements for blocks of flats and HMOs need to be sorted out and so on.

It's no good just communicating that something will be happening or even why.  People need to know the practicalities and have easy access to information.  But there's very little on the website and the Facebook stuff is a bit haphazard (as F/B inevitably is).  Bin stickers have been mentioned as a possible help, but could cards with the schedules for the forthcoming months have been put out?  Leaflets on how recycling should work? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Amadeus said:

It was communicated extensively and over quite a period of time. Was it ever going to be perfect on day 1? No, but people know now and we are on the right path. I voted for this together with my colleagues as it's about time we catch up with the rest of the world when it comes to recycling and reducing waste. We are decades behind. The team at town hall is there to help if anyone needs an extra bin or has questions: refuse@douglas.gov.im or phone 696445 If you just have general feedback, complaints, or want to vent, please don't take up their time. Send it to me and I will take it up internally: cllr.fschuengel@douglas.gov.im 

It did not need to be communicated extensively. It needed to be communicated directly and clearly to the people affected.

More absolute twaddle trying to defend another sh!t job. Think DBC might be worse than government!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It doesn’t. It’s all about them trying to save on gate fees at the EFW Plant and nothing else.

They wont save on gate fees if all the bins are twice as full as normal. The wagon today will be filling up more quickly and making twice as many trips to the EFW plant as before. All the bins are bursting

20221011_073423.jpg

Edited by Happier diner
typo