More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

18 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You’re the one with issues who must be the biggest keyboard warrior in the IOM. A Twitter campaign a week about  rubbish like broken trolleys or airport parking tickets. No self awareness whatsoever. 

Neither have you

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Oh I have but I’m not taking that sort of flak from the IOMs biggest most noisy keyboard warrior who stands on a different silly internet soap box almost every week. I also don’t need self awareness advice from anyone who had a total embarrassing covid meltdown either. 

I think you have just had one

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Gladys said:

Because no one else wants the job. 

And why would they?  In fact, why would anyone want any public office on such a small island where everyone is an expert and happy to put the boot in? Paid or voluntary.

1 hour ago, Ativa said:

And why would they?  In fact, why would anyone want any public office on such a small island where everyone is an expert and happy to put the boot in? Paid or voluntary.

I’m sure the 2 biggest keyboard warriors & critics ie offshore & his very close friend Brit are preparing manifesto 😂

13 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I love how this thread always gets derailed from its key issues by petty spats.

Most threads do......................especially when anyone mentions corruption allegations or mayoresses chains.🤣

After reviewing all worldly knowledge available from Offshore, I feel that he is doing us all a disservice by not standing for an election. He really has all the answers so I think he really should be encouraged to do this for the community. To not do so will be a travesty for the population of this island. It clear he understand all technical and political processes so he’d be the perfect fit. 

3 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

After reviewing all worldly knowledge available from Offshore, I feel that he is doing us all a disservice by not standing for an election. He really has all the answers so I think he really should be encouraged to do this for the community. To not do so will be a travesty for the population of this island. It clear he understand all technical and political processes so he’d be the perfect fit. 

And Brit as his deputy 😂

5 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Thanks Frank.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I love how this thread always gets derailed from its key issues by petty spats.

There's an old saying which I am frequently reminded of when reading this topic: Academic Politics Are So Vicious Because the Stakes Are So Small.  That Quote Investigator article credits this formulation to Wallace Sayre if anyone, but points to an earlier similar statement by Samuel Johnson:

But whether it be, that small things make mean men proud, and vanity catches small occasions; or that all contrariety of opinion, even in those that can defend it no longer, makes proud men angry; there is often found in commentaries a spontaneous strain of invective and contempt, more eager and venomous than is vented by the most furious controvertist in politicks against those whom he is hired to defame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So any of you want to stand? 

Come on, Offshore - if you stood on a progressive platform of REAL change, lots of people would vote for you.   You’ve expressed what needs to be done.   Seriously, you’ve got my vote in the bag already, if you stand.   Plenty on here would vote for you.

Edited by Jarndyce
Altered word

54 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Come on, Offshore - if you stood on a progressive platform of REAL change, lots of people would vote for you.   You’ve expressed what needs to be done.   Seriously, you’ve got my vote in the bag already, if you stand.   Plenty on here would vote for you.

Same here. That may sound odd given our spats but I would too.