More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

30 minutes ago, Satan666 said:

Same here. That may sound odd given our spats but I would too.

🤣🤣 stop making me smile, I’m serious

45 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You do know you replied to yourself? Are you hinting at some kind of split personality? 

I think I’m losing my mind. 
I was laughing at Offshore laughing at my comment. I guess it was a kind of written version of someone laughing with someone else laughing but you’ve no idea why you’re laughing… Help

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Or you just logged in on the wrong account. 

Barely have time for one, let alone two.

15 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

So by your own logic you should clearly stand for Keys or stop posting that stuff.

Using the same rationale: by YOUR own logic, you should clearly stand for DBC or stop posting that stuff.

This isn’t trolling - it’s a clear call for you to stand for DBC, fix the problems from the inside.   You can shout and argue and post here about bins and petitions and corruption - but you can actually do something positive if you stand and win.   I’ve posted further upthread that I’d vote for you, and I’m sure that I wouldn’t be alone here...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Frankly your entire argument (and the councillors) absolute bollocks. So you’re saying that nobody can post any criticism on the internet about any public agency unless they stand for public office in that agency? Well this forum wouldn’t exist for start as nobody would be allowed to moan about anything anymore as they’d all be MHKs. But it seems that it’s fair game to moan about anything just explicitly not DBC. In fact the councillor moans about Tynwald ceaselessly (relentlessly) on Twitter so as I said above by his own rules does that mean he’ll be standing for Keys or stop posting angry rubbish about IOMG on Twitter? Honestly if DBC didn’t look like such a massive bunch of sad twats already then pushing this sort of line makes them look even more pathetic. 

As for more specific feedback. There is not anything that would make me stand for DBC as I think they’re an absolute pile of useless twats. I’ve worked in businesses before where the culture of absolute unadulterated twatism is so badly embedded that I know that this will never change at all. So I would have no intention of wasting my time mixing with or managing twats as that would be futile. That however does not discount me having an opinion on how absolutely dreadful DBC is though or how absolutely woeful some of its councillors are because they are, in several cases, unreservedly dreadful.

Add to that a lot of councillors get in uncontested and there is no credibility in that at all. So why would anyone stand for what is basically often a rubber stamped free job lording it over other people that is supposedly democratically elected? There’s literally no self respect or public mandate in that sort of role at all. People ‘elected’ like that should literally have no conferred status authority over anyone else in any public body (outside of Africa). So you can’t even guarantee that if you stood there would be any credible sort of outcome to the process at all. 

What an absolute knob! People do criticise but your & your mates criticism is very vindictive, personal & basically bullying of individuals!

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:
5 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

…but it’s your own argument against Amadeus - isn’t it?

No it’s something you have totally made up.

16 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Oh let’s play this game. On that basis are you going to stand for Keys as you currently spend your entire time online (and that’s a lot) moaning about the airport, and how bad the flights are, and broken trolleys, and IOM immigration problems. and government wastage and just about everything that has absolutely nothing to do with your role on DBC. So by your own logic you should clearly stand for Keys or stop posting that stuff.

No, didn’t make it up…

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

Frankly your entire argument (and the councillors) absolute bollocks. So you’re saying that nobody can post any criticism on the internet about any public agency unless they stand for public office in that agency? Well this forum wouldn’t exist for start as nobody would be allowed to moan about anything anymore as they’d all be MHKs. But it seems that it’s fair game to moan about anything just explicitly not DBC. In fact the councillor moans about Tynwald ceaselessly (relentlessly) on Twitter so as I said above by his own rules does that mean he’ll be standing for Keys or stop posting angry rubbish about IOMG on Twitter? Honestly if DBC didn’t look like such a massive bunch of sad twats already then pushing this sort of line makes them look even more pathetic. 

As for more specific feedback. There is not anything that would make me stand for DBC as I think they’re an absolute pile of useless twats. I’ve worked in businesses before where the culture of absolute unadulterated twatism is so badly embedded that I know that this will never change in a public sector agency. So I would have no intention of wasting my time mixing with or managing twats as that would be futile. That however does not discount me having an opinion on how absolutely dreadful DBC is thought or how absolutely woeful some of its councillors are because they are, in several cases, unreservedly dreadful.

Add to that a lot of councillors get in uncontested and there is no credibility in that at all. So why would anyone stand for what is basically often a rubber stamped free job lording it over other people that is supposedly democratically elected? There’s literally no self respect or public mandate in that sort of role at all. It is my belief that people ‘elected’ like that should literally have no conferred status or authority over anyone else in any public body (outside of Africa). So you can’t even guarantee that if you stood there would be any credible sort of outcome to the process at all. 

You are aware that Amadeus stood for keys?  At least if he is moaning he has actually made an effort to get in there and do something about it, you just incessantly main about everything and don’t actually do anything to try and out things right.

The rest of your post is just a load of bollocks.

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Content block off momentarily to respond to more trolling. Your point is absolutely irrelevant. He stood in 2006 which is 17 years ago and got just over 200 votes and didn’t get in. So what? It still doesn’t give him any more right over me to say anything critical about IOMG or anyone else. The fact is I’m perfectly within my rights to say anything I want about DBC anywhere I choose. And the whole ‘If you don’t stand you can’t say anything’ argument is total bullshit that a councillor has basically made up to try to stop criticism of DBC on here. Which on a forum that basically insults and criticizes every politician (see the Ashford thread today) is frankly an absolutely pathetic stance to take. Is he going to suggest that the only people you can post criticism on this forum are people who are either MHKs or who may have once, nearly 20 years ago, stood as an MHK? It would be an incredibly empty forum if those were the requirements. But as we know this is simply all about DBC councilors not being happy reading about how utterly crap some people think they are and trying to stifle debate they don’t like. 

How did you know I had replied if you have me blocked?

Nobody else had quoted the post

Edited by Ativa

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Content block off momentarily to respond to more trolling. Your point is absolutely irrelevant. He stood in 2006 which is 17 years ago and got just over 200 votes and didn’t get in. So what? It still doesn’t give him any more right over me to say anything critical about IOMG or anyone else. The fact is I’m perfectly within my rights to say anything I want about DBC anywhere I choose. And the whole ‘If you don’t stand you can’t say anything’ argument is total bullshit that a councillor has basically made up to try to stop criticism of DBC on here. Which on a forum that basically insults and criticizes every politician (see the Ashford thread today) is frankly an absolutely pathetic stance to take. Is he going to suggest that the only people you can post criticism on this forum are people who are either MHKs or who may have once, nearly 20 years ago, stood as an MHK? It would be an incredibly empty forum if those were the requirements. But as we know this is simply all about DBC councilors not being happy reading about how utterly crap some people think they are and trying to stifle debate they don’t like. 

Nobody has said or suggested any of that.

Are you having a bad day at work?

2 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

This isn’t trolling - it’s a clear call for you to stand for DBC, fix the problems from the inside.   You can shout and argue and post here about bins and petitions and corruption - but you can actually do something positive if you stand and win.   I’ve posted further upthread that I’d vote for you, and I’m sure that I wouldn’t be alone here...

Yes you should stand but there is no way I would vote for you.

Mind you I live in Ramsey so it’s a bit of a moot point